At EMJ, we are more than just General Contractors. We are People Serving People. In business for more than 50 years and a recognized leader in the construction industry, we strive to provide unique value and an unmatched client experience by living our values of selfless, trustworthy, and gritty.
Our Chattanooga office is looking for several Assistant Superintendents who are willing to travel 100%.
The Assistant Superintendent position is primarily a leadership training position. In this position, the Assistant Superintendent provides oversight for all phases of the construction project assigned, including coordinating workers, material, and equipment, ensuring that plans and specifications are being followed and work is proceeding on schedule, within budget, and is conducted in a safe and professional manner.
What You Will Be Doing in This Role:
- Works collaboratively and effectively with the project team, subcontractors, architects, engineers, etc. throughout the project
- Attends onsite meetings with architects, engineers, and owners, etc.
- Leads small crew and maintains direction of task at hand
- Schedules and conducts meetings and inspections with city officials
- Assists superintendent and occasionally conducts preconstruction meetings and weekly coordination meetings with subcontractors
- Assists in maintaining project schedule and budget, including four week look ahead
- Reviews and coordinates shop drawings
- Coordinates tenant fit up and fixture process
- Prepares daily reports
- Manages as-built drawing set
- Conducts select First Work Inspections
- Assists in review and enforcement of quality control plan
- Identifies and mitigates safety and SWPPP issues
- Coordinates weekly safety meetings with all subcontractors
- Assists in ensuring jobsite is kept clean, safe and secure at all times
What You Will Need For This Role:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a construction trade or related area
- High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
- Required certificates/licenses within first three months of employment: OSHA 10 hour minimum and First Aid-CPR
- Ability to read and understand plans, specifications, and shop drawings
- Willingness and ability to relocate with assigned jobs
- Computer skills using MS Office
EMJ rewards its employees with competitive pay and benefits, an outstanding work/life balance, a first class office environment, and a position that recognizes and rewards entrepreneurial spirit. Think you have what it takes to join our team?
To learn more about EMJ’s rich history and our mission of being People Serving People, visit us at www.emjcorp.com.
EOE. E-Verify employer.
EMJ is not accepting unsolicited resumes from third party recruiters at this time.