- Manage all aspects of the procurement of specific commodities, finished products, and services in order to ensure on-going optimum cost & delivery
- Monitors and analyzes the commodities market and overall economic conditions to ensure that commodities are purchased at competitive prices
Position Summary, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Develop and execute commodity strategies for the assigned commodities. Continuously enhance purchasing expertise and knowledge of the local and global market trends.
- Identify and develop strategic supply sources for the assigned commodities. Manage relationships with all suppliers, resolve supplier issues and optimize suppliers' performance.
- Purchase commodities which involves a variety of responsibilities including review of purchase requirements, researching catalog and other sources, comparing prices and quality, locating new items, negotiating with sales reps, and performing cost analysis on new/alternative products
- Negotiate with suppliers to obtain most favorable price, schedule, and terms and conditions; Follows up orders to expedite delivery and shipment as required
- Execute purchase orders from planning purchase requisitions
- Ensure returns, credits or replacements are handled in a timely manner
- Support the Quality Department to close out all discrepancy reports and corrective actions
- Participate in supplier contract negotiation
- Manage changes involving materials, including but not limited to, sample qualification and material transitions.
- Coordinate supplier reliability evaluations via supplier visits, analysis of cost reports, supplier P&L statements, quality system audits, and other data; compiles comprehensive supplier visit reports
- Execute comprehensive RFQ process and support functional users in a timely manner while minimizing the risk and maximizing the value for the company. Participates in new product development/introduction teams, concurrent engineering, value engineering and other cost-savings efforts
- Frequently interact with individuals in administrative or executive positions within company and supplier organizations to obtain and provide information; consults on problems requiring judgment and tact; develops and maintains good working relationships with suppliers
- Ensure all procurement activities comply with the Company's Code of Ethics & Business Conduct Guidelines, Purchasing Policies & Procedures, and legal & ethical business practices
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of the Procurement function and its capabilities to support business objectives.
- Develop performance metrics and drives initiatives to ensure goals are met on schedule
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate complex findings in a structured and clear manner
- Significant expertise in procurement and supply chain
- Sourcing experience in diverse mechanical manufacturing processes, materials and tooling is required. Knowing thermal products supply chain is a plus.
- 3+ years in mechanical hardware industry with solid knowledge of mechanical materials process
- Strong multiple program management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing, quality & supply chain metrics a plus
- Knowledge of pc hardware components manufacturing & assembly processes a plus
- Advanced MS Office skills