Job Location: Cincinnati, OH or Louisville, KY
Join our team
Centric Consulting is a management consulting firm that guides clients in the search for answers to complex digital, business and technology problems. We help clients conquer change, optimize processes, elevate technology, and best compete in a digital world. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. Headquartered in Ohio, with locations across the country and India, Centric has earned annual recognition by Forbes as one of America’s Best Management Consulting Firms since 2016. Visit our website to learn more.
Our Cincinnati business unit is passionate about making a positive impact in the community. We strive to live our Centric core values and embed them in the work we do for our clients and in our corporate citizenship role. We’re looking for a Senior Manager to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
Centric is looking for seasoned professional to make an impact both with clients and their personal career. This person will wear multiple hats and balance their priorities accordingly to ensure success across client delivery, business development, and practice management:
- Client Delivery can take on many forms based on client needs.
- As an individual contributor on strategic projects, your role will be to work with clients to create deliverables such as strategic roadmaps based on business goals, evaluate and communicate total cost of ownership, and educate executives on how to capitalize on key technology trends or business solutions.
- As a project, client, or team leader your role will be to play a delivery excellence function on our implementation teams to ensure stakeholder alignment, be accountable for the health of our team culture, as well as provide guidance of budget and milestone delivery. Your role may also include serving on project steering committees to ensure stakeholder alignment while coaching our project leads to develop their own leadership skills.
- You may also lead a large account or play the account leader on multiple accounts. This includes client relationship management, issues/risk management, business development and resource management across these accounts.
- Your role will be to build a pipeline of new relationships with local accounts, prospective target accounts, and fellow networking contacts in the market. Personal brand building using Centric’s service offerings is a key component as well with the ultimate goal of developing new clients to add to the centric portfolio.
- You will be expected to look for additional opportunities within existing accounts that can help serve those accounts in new ways according to our core values (i.e. not pushing our services but truly looking for ways to help).
- As a Senior Manager, you will be a key stakeholder in the development and execution of our plan to grow through demonstrated collaboration with local and national leadership.
- As a coach and mentor, you will have direct management responsibility of resources. This may start as a small existing team but grow as the practice grows. This responsibility includes career development and coaching, mentoring, and performance evaluation.
- As a member of the Cincinnati and/or Louisville communities, you will foster our brand through community involvement both professionally and for the greater good.
- Internal process improvement is an ongoing factor for Centric, and you may be involved in initiatives that help improve our internal account management, resource management, business development, or service offering processes. As a growing company, Centric expects our Senior Managers to engage in and sometimes lead the charge in terms of continuous improvement.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 10 to 15 years of experience
- Management consulting and technology industry experience is strongly preferred with a history of increasing leadership responsibility and career growth.
- You should have the ability to work and manage teams under pressure and apply skills of project management and client relationship building.
- Every client is unique, and thus, every solution we deliver must also be unique. We prefer candidates with client and team management skills, in addition to a creative approach to problem-solving.
- In addition to project delivery, you should be able to grow accounts by recognizing future business opportunities and developing those opportunities into additional projects for Centric.
- You will have a proven background in account management, client engagement, and project delivery.
- Well-versed in project management methodologies with ability to lead projects, create project plans, develop risk documents, develop project metrics and communicate with senior stakeholders.
- Lead business development activities: developing proposals, presentations, and statements of work (SOW).
- Exceeding client expectations, managing project economics and risks, and ensuring buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client.
- Initiative is important. We encourage creativity and entrepreneurialism, so you should be comfortable with autonomy and working independently. That said, collaboration is equally important. Our team and other delivery managers at Centric will give you an amazing support system. You will lean on them daily.
- High energy level, inquisitiveness, sense of urgency, creativity, decisiveness; ability to perform under pressure with poise; experience working within a fast paced, dynamic environment; high change ability.
- A strategic thinker; exercises strong foresight, judgment and bias towards informed decision making.
- Ability to communicate effectively and tactfully across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to assess and leverage strengths of a diverse group of people to maximize team performance along with a proven success developing individuals.
- Related, you should be someone with the spirit of an educator, and thus, get excited about mentoring and knowledge sharing.
- Last, but not least, the desire to act as a leader and become part of the senior leadership team over time.
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture – Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact – We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences – We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion – We believe a diverse, inclusive, and equitable work environment is essential to the work we do. We continually strive to ensure our company is a place where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they’ve had. Beyond being the right thing to do, it is a business imperative that is fundamental to how we bring our mission and values to life. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation – We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good – We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
- The Nitty Gritty – Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance!), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees. In fact, we wrote the book on creating a remote culture — literally.
Our core purpose at Centric Consulting is to bring unmatched experiences to clients and employees. These aren't just words we use — it's how we became a company and who we are today. Providing an unmatched experience means we approach each other as human beings and lead with empathy and humility. It means we work diligently to ensure our company is a place where everyone can create a sense of belonging and feel respected for who they are.
We know that creating and sustaining an authentically welcoming culture requires that we all play a part in fostering diversity, equity, and inclusion, from our business practice to how we show up for employees and communities. At Centric, we seek out and embrace candidates of all backgrounds and identities who have a hunger for learning, collaborating, and generating unmatched experiences. This is how we bring our mission and core values to life, working together to provide the highest value and quality services to our clients while enabling our employees to reach their full potential.