Data & Analytics Capability Lead
Job Location: Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It’s this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Data & Analytics practice believes that data can drive business value and performance. But it takes the right people, skills and approach to deliver expected results. That’s where you come in! For us, Data and Analytics is more than just a set of technologies. It’s about skilled individuals who can align technical capabilities to bring value to a business. What we value the most: people who are dedicated to delivering high quality solutions. It's not enough for things to look good on the surface. They must be built on strong technical foundations. We’re looking for a Data & Analytics Capability Lead to join our growing team.
The primary objective of this role is to consistently grow Centric’s revenue in designated capabilities. Capability examples include machine learning, artificial intelligence, graph analytics, MDM, Databricks, Synapse, Snowflake, etc. Capability leads may be responsible for multiple related technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Map out the capability growth strategy and plan.
- Cultivate and mature delivery team.
- Participate in staffing plans, recruiting, and hiring and other Data & Analytics leadership planning.
- Build Centric community and center of excellence related to the capability.
- Perform marketing activities, such as delivering webinars, speaking at conferences, writing blogs and whitepapers.
- Define industry-aligned offerings and sales training.
- Educate Centric colleagues who are engaged in business development on how to sell the capability.
- Engage with Centric’s local leads to sell work.
- Oversee delivery of projects, ensuring a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Function as a feedback manager for select employees on the National Data & Analytics team.
- Identify and establish key vendor and consulting partnerships.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 10+ years of delivery experience in capability or related technologies.
- 5+ years in consulting role.
- Demonstrated experience building a consulting practice.
- Strong executive communication and sales presence.
- Demonstrated ability to sell $100k+ consulting projects.
- Experienced in client delivery and communication.
- Demonstrates awareness of the importance of feedback and coaching.
- Holds others accountable for high standards of performance.
- Comfortable with crucial conversations.
- Excellent at listening for potential problem areas
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture – Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact – We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences – We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging – We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they’ve had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation – We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good – We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
- The Nitty Gritty – Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance!), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees. In fact, we wrote the book on creating a remote culture — literally.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.