Digital Factory Lead
Job Location: Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Indianapolis, Louisville, Miami, Seattle, St. Louis
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It’s this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Cloud and DevOps team is expanding quickly! As a member of a growing team, you will have the opportunity to help shape our practice by not only participating in client work but also contributing thought leadership both inside and outside Centric Consulting. Our team is a great fit for someone who likes to be both hands-on and dream bigger picture. We’re looking for a Digital Factory Lead to join our growing team.
In this role, you will:
- Run the business – Help to drive overall growth and evolution of the "Digital Factory" concept regarding design to development operations, integrations to our business architecture, modern engineering and delivery best practices
- Grow the business – Support business development and sales opportunities working with business unit leads and client teams to understanding needs and how to effectively position our value proposition for the Digital Factory. Work closely with teams to scope work and develop teaming models to ensure delivery excellence
- Manage the business – Oversee project/engagement delivery inclusive of scope, risks, delivery quality, employee engagement, customer acceptance and solution warranty
- Install foundational elements and standards of work for being a successful modern software delivery firm
- Standardize processes (design, code, test, deploy) with integrated teams to ensure efficiency of delivery model
- Build infrastructure and accelerator assets that complete overall design system used for designing, configuring and deploying customer solutions
- Leverage our go to market strategy to identify opportunities in new and existing clients
- Create visibility for Centric Digital Factory offering by participating in industry forums, events, and speaking engagements
- Oversee the delivery of services within the context of the factory model in conjunction with Centric’s Experience Design and Modern Software Delivery leads.
- Manages risk, issues and project escalations proactively to ensure delivery excellence and performance.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- 15+ years in software development
- A growth-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing software projects with complex scope and with multiple executive stakeholders
- Expert communicator who regularly runs workshops and structured meetings to align stakeholder groups on core business goals
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and modern software delivery practices
- Intimate knowledge of modern framework, products and platforms
- Deep experience in understanding and leveraging enterprise technology trends to enhance operations and solutions
- History of building and growing technology service offerings
- Business operations and back office management experience
- Entrepreneurial spirit that thrives in ambiguity
- Collaborative and inclusive nature, with the ability to build buy-in across varied stakeholders
- Spirit of a teacher, comfortable guiding and mentoring both direct and indirect reports
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture – Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each other. Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get a glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact – We think of ourselves as a big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences – We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging – We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from, and what experiences they’ve had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation – We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good – We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
- The Nitty Gritty – Along with the standard health and 401k benefits, we offer self-managed PTO (manage your own work-life balance!), a company paid trip, profit sharing, parental leave and remote working options for our employees. In fact, we wrote the book on creating a remote culture — literally.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.