Microsoft 365 Client Delivery Lead
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Join our team
Centric Consulting is not the typical consulting company. We live our core values and bring them with us in all we do for our clients and community. Our core purpose is simple: every day we strive to provide unmatched customer and employee experiences and foster a culture of respect, diversity, and transparency. It’s this culture, our people, and delivery that come together to make Centric a trusted advisor to local businesses.
Our Chicago business unit is part of a larger group of business and technology experts at the company, but we add a lot of individual expertise and personality to our work. We care about positively influencing the people around us. To help accomplish this, we connect local leaders and encourage knowledge sharing. We’re looking for Microsoft Office 365 Practice Lead to join our growing team.
The Microsoft Office 365 Practice Lead will lead client engagements focused on Microsoft Office 365 and the modern digital workplace. A key part of this role is serving as a trusted advisor for clients who are trying to leverage value from their investments in Office 365 and other collaborative, modern workplace solutions. This is a leadership position and requires knowledge of the modern workplace (including Office 365), strong initiative and excellent written and verbal communication skills. Client activities will include providing strategic guidance, delivery excellence oversight, technical delivery, and project management. This individual will also leverage the local delivery team for business development and practice management activities as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Serve clients' needs as a technical expert in Office 365 and related technologies
- Maintain a deep technical understanding of all aspects of Office 365
- Support the development of Office 365 strategy and roadmap deliverables
- Lead the configuration, implementation, and migration of Office 365 capabilities
- Evaluate Office 365 changes and updates and determines impact on clients
- Manage programs and large technical projects (Agile and Waterfall)
- Have the ability to accurately estimate and scope proposed solutions
- Collaborate with and provides direction to Office 365 capability service owners and technical leads
- Perform advanced troubleshooting
- Accurately estimating and scoping proposed Office 365 Platform client solutions.
- Development of client Statements of Work and proposals.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science preferred)
- 7+ years of IT or consulting work experience is preferred
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Office 365, Microsoft SharePoint, or Microsoft Exchange
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft’s modern workplace solutions, primarily Office 365
- MCSA and/or MCSE certification in Microsoft Office 365 is required
- Working knowledge of non-Microsoft collaboration solutions such as G-Suite and Slack
- Demonstrated experience in architectural design, development, migration, management and support of Office 365 implementations
- In-depth understanding of the capabilities of Office 365
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Exchange servers, design and topology
- Demonstrated experience with Office 365 security sign-on and multi-factor authentication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Proven experience with Skype for Business and Teams (including voice) services, design and topology is strongly desired but not required
- Proven experience with design of solutions to integrate and support of telephony systems, both PABX and VOIP (and hybrids) is desired but not required
What makes Centric different?
- Special Culture– Our people make us different. We have highly talented, intelligent individuals across a broad variety of disciplines – who are eager to learn from you and share their own expertise. We embrace fresh perspectives and each Don’t take our word for it – check us out on Glassdoor, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram to get glimpse inside what makes us unique.
- Impact– We think of ourselves as big company with a small company feel – a local player with global reach that combines business, technology and industry expertise.
- Unmatched Experiences– We are allowed to be ourselves here. We are encouraged to be human. It’s at the root of who we are as a firm and why we’re here.
- Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging– We are dedicated to creating and maintaining a culture where all people feel like they belong and are respected and valued regardless of who they are, where they are from and what experiences they’ve had. We believe a Centric Together work environment is essential to what we do.
- Innovation– We value passion, determination, perseverance and innovation. We are inspired because we believe in what we are doing and where we are going.
- Passion for the greater good– We are steadfast in our devotion to the communities we serve and in actively promoting employee involvement in community improvement projects.
Centric believes the best solutions come from diverse teams. We strive to have an environment where everyone has an opportunity to be successful regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.