FULL-TIME, INCLUDING BENEFITS AND PTO AND PAID HOLIDAYS
Headquartered in Las Vegas, we are a personable, loyal, and friendly company that shares a connection with each of our customers and employees. Every employee at Affinity Gaming is committed to enhancing our guests' satisfaction by building upon our relationships and offering high-quality service at a reasonable price. With 8 properties (five in Nevada, two in Missouri, and one in Iowa) we are dedicated to delivering a value-oriented product in a convenient, welcoming, and casual atmosphere.
Summary: The Maintenance Engineer performs skilled routine maintenance and repair of facilities, equipment and grounds. U nder limited supervision, individuals have responsibility to perform assigned activities without detailed instructions as to specific procedures to be followed. Incumbents are expected to assist in the training of less experienced team members and to operate on a regular basis a variety of equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Make routine plumbing repairs such as repairing leaks, unclogging toilets and/or drains.
- Swimming pool maintenance such as chemical readings and balancing.
- Replacing light bulbs and fluorescent lights and making electrical related repairs such as replacing electrical receptacles.
- Perform routine carpentry work such as painting, installing doors and/or adjusting shelving.
- Performing preventative maintenance on heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) PTAC systems such as replacing evaporative cooler pads, belts, pumps, air filters,
- Sets up and tears down for events in Convention center.
- Respond to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision.
- Assure each day’s activities are communicated to the other shifts and maintenance leadership.
- Display general proficiency in any of the following categories:
- HVAC and refrigeration,
- carpentry and finish skills,
- kitchen equipment,
- grounds maintenance
- and/or general building management.
- Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- Program TV's and perform general housekeeping and engineering-related duties.
- Display working knowledge of computer programs related to preventative maintenance and other systems.
- Perform troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems.
- Display the ability to train and mentor others engineers (e.g., Maintenance Engineer I).
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures;
- use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work;
- report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries;
- complete safety training and certifications;
- and properly store flammable materials.
- Daily maintenance duties for casino and hotel as directed by supervisor or manager.
- Communicating maintenance needs to supervisor or manager.
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and other items.
- Prepare and paint walls, trim, doors, etc., drywall and wood trim repair and the complete and thorough cleanup of the painting or repair area.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearances are clean and professional.
- Adhere to quality expectations and service standards.
- Maintain a positive working relationships with others and support the team to reach common goals.
- More difficult or skilled work may be performed under the direct supervision of a Facilities Manager or Supervisor.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- All other duties as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain and maintain an Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission License. Must have a valid Driver License.
OTHER PROPERTY SPECIFIC DETAILS:
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Virtual Doctors Visits, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FREE $25K Life Insurance, Optional coverages you can buy such as Short and Long Term Disability, Additional Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Employee Discounts, Team Celebrations, Community Events and Working With Some Of The Best People Around!
DISCLAIMER: This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status.
Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.