Located on West Lake, we are just a 35 minute drive from West Des Moines, IA. We offer our guests their favorite slots, face-paced table games, William Hill Sports Book and of course lodging in our hotel which features a host of amenities including breathtaking lakefront views. When our guests are ready for a break to satisfy their appetite, we have a table for them at West Lake Bar & Grill.
The Safety-Security Manager is responsible for overseeing the properties Safety and Security functions and the overall safety and security of our guests, team members and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises plans and schedules Security activities.
- Determines personnel deployment and level requirements within a shift.
- Assigns work to Security Supervisors and establishes priorities.
- Supervises all procedures and controls for the security department.
- Safeguards assets of the Company.
- Implements security department policies and procedures established by management.
- Manages, directs and supervises all personnel assigned to security operations, for the protection of guests, employees and property.
- Coordinate all aspects of a property safety program.
- Train and maintain required programs in compliance with OSHA.
- Establish and maintain C.P.R. training program.
- Recommend changes on property in order to reduce injuries and comply with state codes, fire and codes and OSHA.
- Maintain a working relationship with the investigation units of the local law enforcement agencies.
- Interviews, hires, trains new hires; planning and assigning work; reviewing performance and discipline, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends and holidays as operationally needed.
- Must be able to drive company vehicles.
- Accesses drop boxes, soft count and coin rooms, chips, markers, fill slips and other sensitive areas.
- Assures optimum guest satisfaction through the delivery of excellent customer service.
- Investigates accidents, injuries, lost property, property damage, etc. Sees to it that the required reports are completed to document the incident.
- Enforces company policies as they pertain to guest and employee conduct on the premises. Documents infractions and advises management where appropriate.
- Responds to all emergencies such as fire, injuries, property damage, etc. Directs and/or assists with evacuations if required. Investigates and completes reports concerning the same.
- May act as the Company representative to law enforcement authorities.
- Ensures the enforcement of state gaming laws including (but not limited to) the identification and removal of underage persons from the casino floor.
- Responds to verbal and/or physical altercations and applies or directs the appropriate measures to resolve the situation.
- Initiates formal evictions of disorderly persons.
- Responds to and/or directs the company response to requests for medical assistance. Provides assistance consistent with company policy and the skill level and certifications of available personnel.
- Coordinates and supervises crowd control for special events.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Previous experience in similar position within the gaming or hotel industry.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must be able to obtain and maintain an Iowa Racing and Gaming Commission License. Must have a valid Driver License free of reckless driving for 5 years.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE: Medical, Virtual Doctors’ Visits, Dental, Vision, 401(k), FREE $25K Life Insurance, Optional coverages you can buy such as Short and Long Term Disability, Additional Life Insurance, Critical Illness, Employee Discounts, Team Celebrations, Community Events and Working With Some Of The Best People Around!
DISCLAIMER: This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status. Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
#Security #Management #Risk #Hospitality #Gaming #Casino