Directs the operations of the travel centers, including overseeing the activities of the Fuel Desk Clerks, Attendants and Porters to ensure smooth operation, training and development, merchandising the stores, procurement, and full understanding and adherence to all required policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees the efficient operations of both truck stops/travel centers.
- Understand and implement required programs, manage and monitor compliance with Chevron and Flying J standards.
- Use provided tools (Gas analysis, Chevron Business point, mystery shops, Image Execution Program, Flying J inspections) to assess and improve each site’s performance.
- Sees to it that all diesel transactions are done following the correct procedures and covered with the proper documentation.
- Sees to it that all permits issued have the proper approval from the different states.
- Sees to the proper operation of the truck scale. Coordinates with leasing company matters/ problems encountered.
- Sees to it that the display shelves and towel dispensers are properly stocked.
- Maintains inventory of truck products and sundries for sale in the Truck Stop.
- Prepares requisitions to replenish the same as the need arises.
- Checks the shift end reports to ensure that these are accurate, correct and balanced. Corrects errors as the need arises.
- Performs the duties of the department as the need arises. Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Must be able to travel to Flying J and/or Chevron headquarters for company training and certification events. Travel is less than 5% of anticipated job responsibilities.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. .
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; and ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk around the counter; use hands to handle objects and operate the computer, scanner and cash register. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Bachelor’s Degree in Business Operations preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of high volume customer service and cash handling skills required, preferably in a similar environment.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required, preferably in a high volume fuel station or travel center.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Clark County Health card and Alcohol Awareness card required.
- Valid state Driver’s License required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain certification from both Chevron and Flying J
OTHER PROPERTY SPECIFIC DETAILS:
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO, Employee Discount Network, Meals, Celebrations, Awards and more....
This job posting is intended to describe the general nature of this position. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. Employee benefits may vary by location, position, length of service and employment status.
Final candidates will be required to complete a drug test and background check. Many positions will require a state gaming license. Affinity Gaming is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.