This position is directly responsible for the daily supervision and activities of the Supervisors and Security Officers on their assigned shift. This position ensures compliance with established departmental procedures and company policies, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations. This position will focus on training and evaluation of Officers and staff members, personnel scheduling, payroll expenses, and other administrative and operational functions related to their assigned shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Oversees and directs the activities of the Security Supervisors and Officers to ensure the smooth flow of the security operations on assigned shift.
· Plans and implements the schedules of all Security Supervisors and Officers work activities to ensure uninterrupted service.
· Coordinates and schedules the different money escorts and chip/currency transports to ensure the availability of a Security Officer at all times.
· Assures optimum guest satisfaction through the delivery of excellent customer service.
· Works cooperatively with all departments to assure efficient Security support services are provided as needed.
· Supervises all investigations of accidents, injuries, lost property, property damage, etc. Ensures the required reports are completed to document the incident.
· Reviews and approves Security reports.
· Enforces company policies as they pertain to guest and employee conduct on the premises. Documents infractions and advises management where appropriate.
· Responds to all emergencies such as fire, injuries, property damage, etc. Directs and/or assists with evacuations if required. Investigates and completes reports concerning the same.
· Maintains custody of security supplies and reports. Makes requisition requests to replenish all needed supplies.
· Supervises the collection and documentation of all lost and found articles.
· Establishes and maintains a progressive and empowered work force. Trains, counsels, and coaches assigned Security personnel in the performance of their duties; prepares and presents performance appraisal reviews.
· Assists the Director of Security in developing and implementing new policies and procedures.
· Verifies and approves all arrests. Apprehends (where appropriate) individuals who are observed to be engaged in criminal activity and detains these individuals until they can be turned over to law enforcement authorities. Acts as company representative to law enforcement authorities.
· Ensures the enforcement of state gaming laws including (but not limited to) the identification and removal of underage persons from the casino floor.
· Responds to verbal and/or physical altercations and applies or directs the appropriate measures to resolve the situation. For physical altercations, applies and/or directs the minimum amount of force necessary to restrain any and all involved.
· Initiates and approves any and all formal evictions of disorderly persons.
· Responds to and/or directs the company response to requests for medical assistance. Provides assistance consistent with company policy and the skill level and certifications of available personnel.
· Ensures that the Department Director is advised of all significant events and issues.
· Coordinates and supervises crowd control for special events.
· Attends scheduled departmental training programs (CPR, AED, etc.) and maintains current certifications.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
· Evaluates and documents the performance of all employees assigned to the shift.
· Recommends personnel changes in the department, including hiring, promotion, demotion, and termination .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
· Must be able to work and stand indoors and outdoors, sometimes in heat in excess of 115 degrees or cold as low as 10 degrees.
· Must be able to physically restrain persons who weigh more than 200 pounds.
· Must be able to respond calmly in crisis and stressful situations.
· Must be able to work independently.
· Must be able to stoop, bend, jump, twist, couch, grip, carry heavy loads, and maneuver quickly on level surfaces, as well as, up and down stairs.
· Must be able to lift and carry up to 60 pounds, and push or pull up to 150 pounds.
· Must be able to make rational decisions when handling guest and employee issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
· Five (5) or more years related experience in Security/Law Enforcement/Military, inclusive of a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience.
· Minimum 21 years of age.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
· Minimum 21 years of age.
· Must have or be a ble to obtain a Gaming Registration.
· Must possess a valid Alcohol Awareness Card.
· Must possess a valid Nevada driver’s license.
· Must have or be able to obtain a Nevada Concealed Weapons Permit.
· Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents and persons.
· Must be able to give court testimony when necessary and write detailed reports.
· Responds to visual and aural cues.
· Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.