Solairus Aviation is looking for a Part-Time Chef and Flight Attendant to join a Part 91 team based in South Florida. The ideal candidate will be a phenomenal teammate that is flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities to provide an outstanding level of service to the passengers 24/7. Culinary experience, a passion for food and a preference of training as a Chef.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each aircraft passenger during flight.
- Explain use of safety equipment in addition to serving food and beverages
- Direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Secure the cabin – adhering to federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR, AED, First Aid
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft.
- Perform preflight briefings
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets/bedding, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers
- Facilitate and manage passenger’s requests for food and drinks
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight following procurement guidelines put forth by Client Aviation Manager
- Prep and prepare food for passengers and crew
- Inspect, clean and stock the cabin, galley, lavatories, and flight deck after every leg
- Ensure that the aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight: cleaned and stocked
- Complete pre-flight, in-flight and post flight paperwork
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort, and maintain cabin cleanliness
- Operate audio and video systems.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations
- First Aid Training Certification
- 5+ years proven experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant
- Flight attendant specific training from FlightSafety, FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Candidates without formal flight attendant training may be considered based on other qualification but must attend initial flight attendant training course prior to flight assignment. Preference shown to candidates who have completed FlightSafety, FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Must be technologically savvy
- Flexibility and patience a must
- Outstanding Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
- Experience with small children preferred
- Outstanding Culinary Skills
- Able to handle a constantly evolving schedule and late night flights
- Available to fly on short notice
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status)
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems
- Operation of galley equipment
- Operating cabin features, to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Must be located or willing to relocate to within 2 hours of the South Florida Area
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.
Solairus Aviation embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!