Solairus Aviation is currently seeking an experienced Flight Coordinator to be based in the Western US. The ideal candidate will be a team player that is willing to go above and beyond to ensure the highest levels of service to our clients and flight crews.
The Flight Coordinator serves as the central point of contact for aircraft scheduling between Solairus Aviation clients (aircraft owners and charter customers) and flight crew and maintenance personnel. The position is responsible for scheduling the aircraft and crew and for arranging all services in conjunction with scheduled trips.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive trip requests from clients and work with them to schedule the aircraft.
- Provide clients with creative solutions to effectively meet their travel needs while ensuring safety of the operation and adherence to regulations and policies
- Provide clients with a detailed flight itinerary for each trip
- Effectively and accurately communicate all aircraft schedule information to client, client’s staff, and Solairus flight crew and maintenance personnel.
- Arrange trip logistics and service items as necessary to support the client and crew, including:
- Make travel arrangements for flight crew (hotels, rental cars, etc)
- Arrange passenger services as requested (catering, ground transportation, etc.)
- Arrange landing and over-flight permits, airport slots, ground handling, security, and customs clearances for domestic and international destinations
- Assist crew with visas and other international entry requirements
- Provide required documentation for and communicate with various government agencies for domestic and international operations, including Customs and Immigration as applicable.
- Coordinate aircraft movement in concert with the Pilot in Command to ensure that all airspace, airport, and duty time restrictions are complied with
- Provide flight following to clients and ensure that all support services are arranged and confirmed per the schedule.
- Monitor flight and duty time limitations for flight crews to ensure compliance with applicable Federal Aviation Regulations and Solairus Flight Operations Manuals.
- Assist flight crew as necessary with trip analysis and planning to determine feasibility, options for fuel stops, crew augmentation, etc.
- Maintain a current database of all client and flight crew contact information and preferences for each assigned account so that it is readily available to all Flight Followers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Ability to work with the Solairus flight planning and scheduling software, and the Microsoft Windows and Office Software.
- Ability to interact effectively as a team member with other Flight Coordinators.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all cases regarding client information and travel schedule.
- Knowledge of aircraft dispatch principles and aircraft trip planning principles including knowledge of FAA regulations, airport information, resources available for trip planning, aircraft and trip support, and weather monitoring.
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate Solairus flight operations standards and policy.
- Well organized and meticulous
- Ability to plan and to prioritize work with limited supervision
- Seeing: must be able to read report, charts, and to use a computer. (75-100%)
- Hearing: must be able to hear well enough to communicate over the phone in and person with clients and co-workers. (75-100%)
- Standing/Walking: very limited. (0-15%)
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling: must be able to write, type, use a computer and use a phone. (75-100%)
- Normal office working conditions with moderate noise level
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience