- Reporting to the Senior Lead Finance, the Staff Accountant will participate in the monthly closing, preparation of monthly financial statements and reporting. Assist the team to accomplish department goals and objectives and provide support to our accounting business systems.
- Maintain fixed asset schedules in Oracle fixed asset module, including working with IT on technology property
- Prepare month-end schedules and analysis including accruals, prepaids and other journal entries
- Prepare Property Tax Filings and related audits
- Prepare Sales Tax Returns and related audits
- Prepare Quarterly Federal form 720 Excise tax filing including calculating and scheduling required 720 tax deposits
- Work closely with CPA firm providing required schedules related to preparation of federal and multi-state tax returns and the distribution and processing of completed documents
- Update, review, and reconcile AP and AR Aging and rollforward schedules
- Review, monitor and analyze employees Expense report via Certify
- Work with large amounts of numerical data, handle multiple tasks with deadlines, and provide transparent and complete reports to management
- Serve as backup to Business Systems Analyst in maintaining various software platforms utilized by the accounting department (Oracle ERP)
- Assist the team to accomplish department goals and objectives
- Provide support on special projects and ad hoc analysis
- A bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or any other related field.
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills.
- 5+ years of professional accounting experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (Pivot Tables, graphs, and macros)
- Ability to work independently to achieve objectives in established time frames
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management
- Analytical and possess strong attention to detail. Team player and can-do attitude
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to perform multi-tasked assignments
- Experience with Oracle Accounting Platform a plus
- Experience with ERP Systems, Report writing and business intelligence tools a requirement
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From profit sharing and a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.
Solairus Aviation embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!