Do you thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment? If so, then we have a great opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced Sr. Payroll Administrator for our headquarters in Petaluma, with experience in multi-state payroll and excellent multi-tasking abilities.
The Sr. Payroll Administrator is solely accountable for the integrity of Solairus' payroll, Ensures timely and compliant pay to employees, Administers and approves all payroll activities for 40+ states, Audits each payroll, and is responsible for payroll feeds to various vendors.
- Maintains payroll information, directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate updates of payroll records; exemptions, changes, insurance coverage, deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Responsible for the non-exempt timekeeping system.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee taxes, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Manages all state and federal tax filings with support of our ADP 3rd party provider.
- Responsible for all payroll audits and federal or state reporting.
- Responsible for payroll records management in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years’ experience as a Payroll Administrator
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred
- Experience processing multi-state and projected payrolls
- Knowledge of employment and tax laws
- Excellent mathematic and communication skills
- Must have intermediate excel skills
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- Repetitive movement of hands and fingers – frequent keyboarding to input data and information.
- Frequent sitting at a computer desk
- Occasional standing, walking, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
- Capable of lifting files up to 10 lbs.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.