Solairus Aviation is looking for a Full-Time Flight Attendant to join an operation based at KPWK. The ideal candidate will be a team player that is flexible and willing to take on additional responsibilities to provide a superior level of service to the passengers 24/7. Culinary experience and a passion for food required. Advanced Culinary training strongly preferred. This position provides an exceptional level of personal services to ensure the safety and comfort of aircraft passengers during flight. Greets passengers, explains use of safety equipment, and serves food and beverages.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide a high level of service to the client while ensuring the safety and comfort of each aircraft passenger during flight.
- Explain use of safety equipment in addition to serving food and beverages
- Direct and assist passengers in the event of an emergency.
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Secure the cabin – adhering to federal regulations prior to take-off and landing.
- Administer basic first aid to passengers in distress. ie: CPR, AED, First Aid
- Reassure passengers when situations such as turbulence are encountered.
- Greet passengers and assist with their personal belongings.
- Assist passengers while entering or disembarking the aircraft. Determine special assistance needs of small children, the elderly or disabled passengers.
- Perform preflight briefings.
- Check to ensure that food, beverages, blankets/bedding, reading material, emergency equipment, and other supplies are on board and are in adequate supply for the trip and amount of passengers.
- Facilitate and manage passenger’s requests for food and drinks.
- Shop for any/all items the passengers have specially requested to be on board for their flight.
- Prep and prepare food for passengers and crew.
- Inspect, clean and stock the cabin, galley, lavatories, and flight deck after every leg.
- Ensure that the aircraft is ALWAYS prepared for a flight: cleaned and stocked.
- Complete preflight, in-flight and post flight paperwork.
- Conduct periodic trips through the cabin to ensure passenger comfort, and maintain cabin cleanliness.
- Operate audio and video systems.
Required Qualifications and Certifications
- Knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations.
- First Aid Training Certification.
- 5+ years of experience as a Corporate Flight Attendant
- Flight attendant specific training from FlightSafety, FACTs or similar is preferred. Annual recurrent training is required. Candidates without formal flight attendant training may be considered based on other qualification but must attend initial flight attendant training course prior to flight assignment. Preference shown to candidates who have completed FlightSafety, FACTs or similar training within the past 12 months.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Service Skills.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail
- Must be technologically savvy
- Flexibility and patience a must
- College degree preferred.
- Ability to speak one or more foreign languages fluently a plus.
- Culinary Skills and Culinary specific training required.
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule and late night flights
- Experience with small children preferred
- Able to manage a constantly changing schedule.
- Available to fly on short notice (2-3 hour response if on Standby).
- Unrestricted ability to travel worldwide (consider health and visa status).
- Able to deploy for up to 16 consecutive days.
- Operation of all features of the Cabin Management Systems.
- Operation of all galley equipment.
- Operation of all cabin features, to include berthing seats and configuring the divan into a bed.
- Seeing: Vision is required to be correctable to 20/20 or better with glasses or contact lenses (uncorrected no worse than 20/20). Must be able to read reports, charts, manage post-flight paperwork, and to use a computer, smartphone and/or iPad device.
- Hearing/Speaking: Must be able to speak clearly. Must be able to hear well enough to communicate over the phone in and person with clients and co-workers/pilots when the aircraft is in flight.
- Standing/Walking: Must be physically capable and strong enough to walk and stand without assistance. Must be able to stand for up to 14 hours with limited ability to sit and be able to work long hours in various climates.
- Climbing/Stooping/Kneeling/Bending: Must be able to kneel in luggage compartment, load trip, AC supplies and luggage, as well as maneuver in tight confinements within the aircraft.
- Fingering/Grasping/Feeling/Strength: Must be able to push open/pull closed the main cabin door, which weighs up to 130 pounds, must also be able to write, type, use a computer and a phone as well as prepare/cook and serve guest food and beverages. Must be able to lift supplies weighing approximately 25 to 30 pounds, from floor level to waist high repeatedly.
Normal Aircraft working conditions with moderate noise level
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.
Solairus collects salary range information based on market conditions from multiple industry sources. Solairus crewmembers are paid $50,000 to $500,000 based on geographic area, experience, equipment type/aircraft, job duties, training, and the assigned account.
Solairus Aviation embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!