The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance performed on assigned aircraft and ensuring compliance to Solairus Aviation’s policies and procedures regarding airworthiness standards. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, routine maintenance tracking, long term planning, scheduling and completion of maintenance events, and financial responsibility for costs incurred associated with maintenance operations. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor, and/or the Client Aviation Manager (CAM).
Must be able to lift and move objects up to 50 pounds consistently with heavier weight necessary at times. Must be able to sit, stand, and squat.
- Maintain a valid Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
- Implement the maintenance standards, methods, and procedures established by Solairus Aviation to ensure compliance with Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and company policies.
- Ensure the proper completion of maintenance logs and forms required for work in progress as well as work completed.
- Ensure that adequate tools, parts, materials, support equipment, and facilities are available to perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance activities and events with the Manager of Maintenance Operations, Director of Maintenance, and CAM as required.
- Inspect and approve work completed by contract maintenance agencies under the authority of the Director of Maintenance.
- Coordinate maintenance training requirements with the Maintenance Supervisor and/or CAM.
- Develop a budget outlining and projecting financial expenses related to aircraft maintenance, parts & labor, tooling, equipment and base facilities.
- Monitor and approve expenditures related to assigned aircraft.
- Undertake additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and/or Manager of Maintenance Operations and CAM.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS / CERTIFICATIONS
- Must hold a valid A&P Certificate.
- Minimum 7 years experience in Corporate Aircraft Maintenance Operations.
- Recent experience in GL7500, GL6500, G600, G450 and/or G280 (6 months within the past 24 mos.).
- Be a highly motivated individual committed to Safety, Regulatory Compliance, and Operational Excellence.
- Must be located or willing to relocate to within 1 hour of KPIT.
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.
Solairus collects salary range information based on market conditions from multiple industry sources. Solairus crewmembers are paid $50,000 to $500,000 based on geographic area, experience, equipment type/aircraft, job duties, training, and the assigned account.
Solairus Aviation embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be!