GL Staff Accountant / or GL Senior Accountant
Are you a returning applicant?
Solairus Aviation has an exciting new role as GL Staff Accountant / or GL Senior Accountant (DoE) in our corporate finance team in a high growth environment. The right candidate will have excellent analytical and interpersonal skills and be able to inspire confidence and productivity in a diverse work environment and business This position reports to the Controller/VP of Finance.
The GL Staff Accountant / or GL Senior Accountant is a generalist accounting role responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures in analyzing financial information, ensuring appropriate accounting control procedures, and executing routine and recurring complex accounting functions.
Primary Objectives and Duties
· Assist Controller and finance team members with ongoing projects, including banking, GL reconciliation, tax follow up issues, financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes.
· Timely, accurate and complete recording of all relevant transactions for assigned categories.
· Accurate variance reporting with well-supported analysis and explanation.
· Responsible for ensuring accuracy of the general ledger data for the assigned projects.
· Prepare and post journal entries, including invoices, accruals, and cash transactions.
· Assist with month-end closing process.
· Review and verify accuracy of account balances and classifications. Analyze changes in account balances and make recommendations to correct errors as appropriate.
· Maintain supporting schedules and reports related to amortization, accruals, pre-paid and related recurring accounting activities.
· Execute and maintain a variety of financial reports to communicate results, trends, and issues, incorporating statistical and ratio analysis as well as other necessary management accounting review.
· Work with management team to identify implications of evolving priorities, managing, and clearly communicating deadline risks as new tasks and projects arise.
· Provide concise and effective communication of financial results in a timely manner including analysis and evaluation of the key financial metrics.
· Support year-end audit with PwC; provide requested data and any interface as needed.
· Provide analytical support on cross-functional projects as requested.
· Assist with monthly tax compliance and reporting.
· Provide data for preparation of year-end tax return preparation by external CPA.
Minimum of 4 years of progressive financial roles in AP, AR, and Cash management
Strong operational finance skillset, coupled with a strong proficiency in Excel
Ability to work cross-functionally with leadership teams
Industry knowledge and experience in corporate aviation or similar hospitality or service industries a plus
Rigorously drives self and others to achieve high levels of individual and organization performance
Leads with energy, self-confidence and understanding in ways that motivate colleagues to achieve more than they thought possible
Continuously evaluates what is important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations
Supports and models The Solairus Way; conduct reflects Excellence, Honesty, Integrity, Innovation and Teamwork.
Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field required
CPA or MBA desired, but not required
$65,000 - $95,000
Why work with Solairus?
Solairus is a private aviation services company assisting aircraft owners with the safe, reliable, and efficient management and operation of their aircraft. Headquartered in the beautiful California Wine Country, Solairus Aviation is a destination employer offering nationwide operating bases, a stimulating work environment, and an array of modern benefits to employees. From a generous 401K matching structure to employee wellness programs and top-notch health benefits, Solairus firmly believes our team members are our greatest asset and we are committed to providing an exceptional employment experience.
|Back to Search Results