The Trip Support Specialist is responsible for servicing all Solairus Charter Customers and actively anticipating the needs for each individual flight to help provide a high touch environment for every client. This role will proactively handle trip management and administrative functions for the Charter Sales team. This will include focus on managing all logistics, international permitting, handling, crew sourcing and flight attendant management for Charter trips. A successful candidate will be highly motivated with strong cross-functional communication and relationship building skills, with great organizational skill and attention to detail. Candidates are expected to demonstrate an overall high motivation to work and have a high energy level. We are looking for individuals that can work independently & are self-motivating, outgoing, well-organized & personable. The candidate must be able to provide a high level of professionalism & customer service while actively anticipating each client’s individual needs. Candidates must be eager to learn and have a positive attitude towards a very fast paced learning environment.
- Remain as the main point of contact for all trip details for every charter customer.
- Maintain a list of qualified pilots for each type of charter aircraft, working with flight operations to monitor currency expiration dates.
- Source qualified pilots for charter flights if a full time pilot is unavailable or if a crew swap is required.
- Maintain a list of qualified flight attendants for charter flights based on region, including a grading scale to manage which flight attendants are best suited for the specific mission.
- Source qualified flight attendants when charter flights book, paying attention to client details and specific requests.
- Proactively monitor incoming booked trips to ensure any necessary international handling or permits are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a database of each country’s charter permit information and lead times.
- Collect & input trips details for all Charter Flights in Avianis.
- Connect with clients to gather trip preferences ahead of travel.
- Maintain a client database with all preferences, including catering, ground, rental, allergies, pets in the family, birthdays, special anniversaries, etc.
- Coordinate, arrange and confirm all trip logistics (such as catering, ground transportation, hotel, etc.)
- Ensure initial and final itineraries are sent to Charter Clients and all necessary information in the trip is completed.
- Actively communicate with clients and brokers to understand overall needs for the flight, including but not limited to preferences, purpose of flight, special requests and any additional items needed to personalize the flight.
- Conduct phone calls with each client the day before travel to review important trip details.
- Respond and act on any action items that come into the Trip Support inbox in a timely fashion.
- Ensure payment for all Charter Flights are received prior to flight or according to terms.
- Update & distribute Additionally Insured documents prior to expiration.
- Communicate and escalate service issues appropriately, including timely follow up.
- Manage final invoices and accounting process for trip billing upon completion, working in tandem with charter sales executives to ensure all details are matching.
- Share in the on-call rotation as needed and on designated nights/holidays.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Willingness to be scheduled in rotation during evening hours, overnight hours, and weekend hours.
- Workdays to include a rotation with other personnel for all holidays.
- Must be willing to carry a mobile phone or other similar communications & be accessible 24/7 as needed.
- Demonstrate customer service skills with the ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Professional appearance, excellent phone demeanor, with ability to set priorities.
- Must possess effective communication, organization, presentation, & administrative skills.
- Must have an energetic, friendly & outgoing personality.
- Ability to multi-task, collect & analyze data, define problems, establish facts & draw conclusions in a timely manner.
- Punctual, regular & consistent attendance is a must.
- Intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to generate/write reports & business correspondence.
- 2 or more years of customer service experience in aviation or hospitality is preferred.
- Any dispatch, flight coordination or logistics experience is preferred.
The following are also preferred but not required: Experience using Avianis, degree(s) in hospitality, aviation management or sales; ability to speak a second language.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Solairus Aviation embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
To comply with regulations by the American with Disabilities Act (ADA), the principal duties in job descriptions must be essential to the job. To identify essential functions, focus on the purpose and the result of the duties rather than the manner in which they are performed. The following definition applies: a job function is essential if removal of that function would fundamentally change the job.