Title: IT Specialist
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday – Friday
We are looking for a well-rounded and flexible individual to add to our support team. We are looking for someone with strong IT and problem-solving skills who enjoys helping others and the organization with a wide variety of IT support needs. This in a mid-level position and is an ideal role for someone with a strong interest and ability to learn new technologies and quickly apply them.
- Supporting the day-to-day operations of our organization
- Monitors and resolves help desk tickets for end user support.
- Troubleshoot laptops and desktops; remotely and onsite
- Troubleshooting iPads, iPhones, Android phones, and other mobile equipment
- Maintains network hardware and software, including servers, peripherals, network nodes, terminals, and wiring.
- Perform regular systems security updates and backups.
- Manage and monitor system and network performance.
- Manages computer operation scheduling, backup, storage, and retrieval functions.
- Review and evaluate company procedures and reports to identify hidden risks or common issues.
- Assisting management with developing and documenting achievable and sustainable action plans to remediate identified control gaps.
- Provides guidance on managing and mitigating IT security risk related to the network infrastructure
- Coordinate with different department managers to review all departmental compliance policies.
- Perform periodic audits on company procedures and processes.
- Acquire third and fourth-parties internal security controls documentation, including but not limited to SIG (LITE/FULL), SOC audit reports, ISO certifications, internal policies and procedures, dataflow charts, vulnerability and penetration testing, BCP test, privacy policies, etc. for review.
- Escalates deviations, supports clarification, investigation, and management of data privacy breaches.
- Assisting with development of clear and concise risk and control reporting.
- Develop skills and expertise with new technology, software, and hardware in a dynamic environment
- Collaborate with Director of IT Support on longer term projects (i.e. audits, upgrades, hardware changes), as well with other IT members on broad IT projects
- Comprehend and apply technical information, and present it to others in a non-technical manner
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Experience in risk assessment, audit, and IT security assessments
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 and related.
- Familiarity with networking concepts and practical applications.
- Ability to understand risk, design, and operating effectiveness of IT controls.
- Ability to clearly document control objectives and design efficient tests of controls.
- Flexibility to quickly switch tasks, take on special projects, accurately assess status, and devise a reasonable strategy for completion.
- Ability to work under pressure with interruptions and challenging deadlines
- Demonstrated experience working in a team setting and solving problems collaboratively
- Exceptional communication, organization, and presentation skills; to be able to inform and persuade both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and experience with troubleshooting network, wireless equipment, server, desktop, and application issues are a plus
- Experience with backup/Recovery systems (Shadow Copy, Veeam, etc.)
- Experience with Hosted Environments (HyperV and/or ESXi)
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Self-motivated and capable of performing tasks with minimal oversight.
- Available for on-call and/or non-business hours to support organizational needs
- Physical requirements: Lifting, bending, and moving computer, monitors, printers, and other related
equipment as needed
- Demonstrate a strong aptitude for learning and operating technology systems.
- Experience in a technical system support role.
- Experience with Windows 10
- Experience with Microsoft products like Exchange, Active Directory, Teams, Outlook, Excel, etc.…
- Experience/knowledge of Office 365, CRM, Okta, and other SaaS/Cloud based applications
- Experience with Splunk or other SEIM products
- Experience with Qualys
- Knowledge of IT audit and compliance frameworks
- IT Security (CISSP, Security+, or similar) certification (Preferred)
- Experience with networking Cisco products (routers, switches, IOS, ASAs, etc.)
- Cisco network engineering certifications (CCENT, CCT, CCDA, CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CCDE, CCIE, etc.)
- Familiarity with security standards (SOC 2, ISO 27001, FedRAMP) as well as privacy laws (CCPA and GDPR)
- CCSP, PCI QSA, CISSP, or CISA certifications
- Knowledge of PCI-related standards including PCI-DSS, ASV guidelines and other supporting documents