Why Next Street?
Want to work at the intersection of small business, learning and development and impact? Looking to apply your expertise in curriculum design and delivery in a mission-driven environment?
You have found your place – Next Street is a mission-driven, for-profit firm creating a better future for small business. We have audacious goals and we are looking for team members who can dream big with us. Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the drivers of economic and communtiy development and the engines of inclusive growth. This philosophy is at the core of everything that we do. Next Street mobilizes capital, customers, and capabilities to small businesses and entrepreneurs that have been systemically held back. We work with foundations, government, corporations, and CDFIs.
We serve as trusted advisors to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations. We equip our clients with strategies and tools to advance small businesses and deliver a more inclusive US economy.
We are an anti-racist and anti-bias institution. Learn more about our commitment here: https://nextstreet.com/racial-equity/.
We believe Next Street is a special place to work:
- We are a group of critical thinkers and problem solvers. We work hard to get our clients the right answer, because we are successful when our clients create more impact.
- We are motivated by mission. We keep small business at the heart of what we do, and agitate for equity and inclusion, day in and day out.
- We respect and challenge each other. Our teammates come from the best professional services and social sector organizations. We learn from each other constantly.
- We push ourselves to innovate. We must think creatively and expansively to solve tomorrow’s economic and community development challenges.
- We take pride in our work, strive for excellence and work with integrity. This is more than just a job to us.
We believe in a better future for small business. Join Us.
Why this role?
Next Street’s Small Business Programs team provides direct support and high-quality advice to small businesses through innovative trainings, customized programming and brick-and-mortar small business solutions centers. The Programs team serves over 10,000 small businesses per year. Small business trainings have become an increasingly important part of our portfolio, driven by small business demand, and is poised to scale in 2021.
We are looking for a passionate and self-motivated Curriculum Development Manager to write our curricula and take our training to the next level. You will have the opportunity to shape and develop curricula that is delivered to thousands of small businesses, equipping them with the knowledge needed to stabilize or grow their business. We will give you ample responsibility from day one to develop and write high-quality and engaging content. Join us and you will get to hone your skills while working alongside an extraordinary team and accelerating your career.
Your work will consist of:
- Write text copy for all curricula being developed
- Partner with senior-leaders to design new curricula or refine existing curricula, abased on evolving small business needs
- Apply inclusive human-centered design principles and best practices that account for equity, adult-learning needs and that can support an in-person, virtual and hybrid environment
- Help execute delivery of training programs, including prepping training facilitators, scheduling and other logistics
- Facilitate and deliver trainings to hundreds of small businesses (expect this role will grow into this over time)
- Ensure curricula drives engagement
- Source and manage training partners to deliver content
- Source and manage videographers to record online modules and on demand content
- Source and manage designers to ensure delivery achieves end goals
- Manage delivery of curricula through LMS system
Evaluation & Improvement
- Develop metrics to identify trends and evaluate the efficacy of the training curriculum
- Evaluate the effectiveness of current and future trainings through feedback and make recommendations for improvement
- Maintain training records and generate reports to support further development plans
- You have 4+ years of experience in facilitating trainings both in person and virtually
- You are passionate about small business and have a drive to equip them knowledge in an effective and engaging manner
- You love to write and are a master of details
- You have demonstrated success in designing and writing training curricula
- You are highly influential, engaging, and persuasive in communications
- You love being a team player and effective collaborator
- You have a strong ability to manage time and projects in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ability to understand an audience and cater to their learning needs
- You are looking for opportunities to owns and build something and accelerate your career
- You are motivated by mission and want to spend your days doing fulfilling work
- You are committed to racial and economic justice
- You enjoy working with teams and believe diversity of thinking gets to better answers
- You are willing to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
What we offer:
We want our team members to bring their best, true selves to work every day. We will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits – We know you work hard, and we want to reward you for it. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits package (including 401k and paid parental leave) for mission-driven work.
- Generous paid time off – We want to make sure that you have time to recharge and to pursue your many passions. We give our team members 20 days of paid time off per year plus standard federal holidays.
- Mentorship and Sponsorship – You will have frequent access to our diverse and dynamic senior team, given that we are a small firm. They will be committed to your growth and will invest in mentoring you.
- Career development – We take growth seriously. We want to make sure that you have a plan to get where you want to go long term, whether at Next Street or business or graduate school. We give each team member an annual professional development stipend and provide ample coaching.
- Low travel model – We do not like to get on a plane every week and we do not want you to either. We travel when we need to every few weeks.
- Flexibility – It is important to us that you can work when and where you work best. We are flexible with employees to accommodate individual schedules and work preferences.
- Social events and office snacks – We admire and value our teammates. We plan social events throughout the year, so that you have to opportunity to connect outside of the office. We also make sure that you have the fuel you need to perform your best every day.
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.