Note : Applications will not be considered without a thoughtful and relevant cover letter.
Why Next Street?
Want to work at the intersection of impact and business? Looking for a team with big ideas and bold ambitions? Interested in accelerating your career, and getting further faster by working at a scalable small business?
You have found your place – Next Street is a mission-driven, for-profit firm creating a better future for small business. We have audacious goals and we are looking for team members who can dream big with us. Next Street was founded in 2005 with the belief that small businesses are the engines of inclusive growth in underserved markets. This philosophy is at the core of everything that we do. Next Street mobilizes capital, customers, and capabilities to small businesses and entrepreneurs that have been systemically held back. We work with foundations, government, corporations, and CDFIs.
We serve as trusted advisors to some of the country’s most dynamic organizations. We equip our clients with strategies and tools to advance small businesses and deliver a more inclusive US economy.
We are an anti-racist and anti-bias institution. Learn more about our commitment here: https://nextstreet.com/racial-equity/.
We believe Next Street is a special place to work:
- We are a group of critical thinkers and problem solvers. We work hard to get our clients the right answer, because we are successful when our clients create more impact.
- We are motivated by mission. We keep small business at the heart of what we do, and agitate for equity and inclusion, day in and day out.
- We respect and challenge each other. Our teammates come from the best professional services and social sector organizations. We learn from each other constantly.
- We push ourselves to innovate. We must think creatively and expansively to solve tomorrow’s economic and community development challenges.
- We take pride in our work, strive for excellence and work with integrity. This is more than just a job to us.
We believe in a better future for small business. Join Us.
Why this role?
Our consulting practice is hiring a high-performing Senior Analyst to lead research and quantitative analysis and turn those insights into transformative solutions for clients. Join us and you will get exposure to some of the most complex economic and community development challenges in the country, while working alongside an extraordinary team and accelerating your career.
We will give you ample opportunity to contribute and lead work from day one. Your day-to-day work will be concentrated in three main areas: (1) Research, data analysis, and financial modeling (2) strategy development and client engagement, and (3) project support. These areas will help you refine your strategic thinking and quantitative and qualitative skills and will do so at an accelerated trajectory. As you grow, we will give you increasing responsibility for managing project scopes, teams and client relationships.
Your work will consist of:
Research, Data Analysis & Financial Modelling
- Perform complex qualitative and quantitative data analysis to understand a target market, industry or geography
- Interview subject matter experts and conduct focus groups to deepen understanding of client challenges
- Analyze historical financial data (up to a three-statement analysis) to identify key challenges, opportunities, and tradeoffs for client
- Develop multi-year financial projections based on historical analysis
Strategy Development & Client Engagement
- Synthesize key takeaways to develop actionable recommendations and implementation plans to meet the client’s objectives
- Create client deliverables with research findings and recommendations in PowerPoint, using visualization and charts
- Present findings to clients’ senior leadership and internal firm management
- Support the administrative needs of projects, including email communication with internal and external stakeholders, scheduling meetings, focus groups, and surveys
- Conduct notetaking for internal and client meetings, knowledge management, and project administration
- Contribute to firm knowledge development, codification and dissemination
- You have a bachelor’s degree with strong academic performance and 2+ years work experience with a top-tier professional services firm (management consulting or financial services)
- You have strong financial acumen and financial modeling skills
- You are an Excel wizard and take pride in a well-structured, high quality model
- You love client services
- You are motivated by mission and want to spend your days doing fulfilling work
- You are energized by solving problems and getting to the right answer
- You are looking for opportunities to grow and accelerate your career
- You enjoy working with teams and believe diversity of thinking gets to better answers
- You are willing to challenge and be challenged, regardless of seniority
What we offer:
We want our team members to bring their best, true selves to work every day. We will offer you:
- Competitive salary and benefits – We know you work hard, and we want to reward you for it. We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits package (including 401k and paid parental leave) for mission-driven work.
- Generous paid time off – We want to make sure that you have time to recharge and to pursue your many passions. We give our team members 20 days of paid time off per year plus standard federal holidays.
- Mentorship and Sponsorship – You will have frequent access to our diverse and dynamic senior team, given that we are a small firm. They will be committed to your growth and will invest in mentoring you.
- Career development – We take growth seriously. We want to make sure that you have a plan to get where you want to go long term, whether at Next Street or business or graduate school. We give each team member an annual professional development stipend and provide ample coaching.
- Low travel model – We do not like to get on a plane every week and we do not want you to either. We travel when we need to every few weeks.
- Flexibility – It is important to us that you can work when and where you work best. We are flexible with employees to accommodate individual schedules and work preferences.
- Social events and office snacks – We admire and value our teammates. We plan social events throughout the year, so that you have to opportunity to connect outside of the office. We also make sure that you have the fuel you need to perform your best every day.
Next Street is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.