For over a decade, our clients in aviation and maritime have used our technology-driven products and services to keep their passengers entertained and connected to the things they love, from anywhere in the world. Brands such as Southwest Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Emirates and Celebrity Cruises have trusted us to provide solutions from high-speed broadband internet to movies, television and games.
Our team of global experts take pride in providing clients what they need today while creating a strategic road map for tomorrow through reliable, scalable, and affordable content and connectivity solutions designed to meet the ever-changing technology needs of our clients' passengers and guests.
Be Part of the Movement
Anuvu is embarking on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we deliver what customers need today, while remaining flexible and future-focused.
We require a Media Ops Technician to join our vibrant and fast paced Media Operations team, who will process all content from various sources and make available in the cloud. Content in the cloud will be available to internal areas for compliance edit purposes before onward delivery to clients or their dedicated delivery platform. This is a technical role requiring some data management, media prep, file archiving, ingesting, and delivery of media assets, therefore attention to detail and tenacity are a key requirement. The incumbent will work with other teams globally and adhere to tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate should have a passion for media and technology, confidence in communicating both internally and externally, along with a strong work ethic.
Location: Santa Ana, CA
Remote Options: Once we are cleared to return to the office, this role will be on a hybrid work arrangement, 3 days a week in the office and 2 days at home.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Works with Production management team to verify assets are in-house.
- Manages file transfers and uploads from local storage to cloud storage, restores archived content when requested and monitors archive library dashboard.
- Performs analysis on local files to determine if media is to OPEN™ specification.
- Locates asset within S3 Aspera library and stages for editor and compliance team
- Manages final exports from editor, prepares assets for archive process.
- Quality control of assets ready for ingest, three-point check to confirm technical specifications meet OPEN™ guidelines.
- Creates and manages S3 library folders , Archives assets in S3 library.
- Manages the Asset management dashboard, Updates to reflect status.
- Ingests files using dashboard ingest tool.
- Media Preps raw assets to Anuvu mezzanine.
- Level compress audio tracks, confirm audio tracks to video.
- Downloads content from incoming external links.
- Troubleshoots and problem solve technical delivery issues with both incoming and outgoing files
- Pulls down deliverables from S3 transcode bucket
- De-Multiplexes transport streams and Multiplexes elementary streams with Dynamic subtitles.
- Manages exported subtitles and uploads from local subtitle server to Qumulo.
- Renames various subtitle formats, prepares deliverables for shipment OEM.
- Delivers files to various OEM’s via Smartjog, Aspera, Expedat, Signiant media shuttle
- Completes manual tasks in processing and delivery of media where automation is not possible / automation fails.
- Works with production management to manage digital media library.
- Exemplify the company core values and behaviours.
- Planning, Scheduling, and allocating resources to maximise efficiency.
- Recruit and onboarding new hires.
- Quarterly performance and career discussions.
- Accountable for setting, monitoring, and delivering departmental outcomes.
- Drive departmental continuous improvement processes.
- Coach and develop a diverse and inclusive team.
- Works well under pressure
- Team player able to collaborate and influence others to meet shared deadlines and goals
- Strong communicator who displays courage in driving and advocating for operational excellence
- Proactive, operational mindset
What We’re Looking For
- 3+ year’s working with video/audio/subtitle/metadata and client service experience in Media & Entertainment, film/tv production, or similar industry experience is preferred
- Strong understanding of video/film formats, distribution workflows, and technologies
- Experience with InFlight Entertainment industry a plus.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Highly effective problem solver able to assess, adapt and action changing priorities and strategies
- Able to succeed and thrive in a dynamic, innovative, deadline driven environment.
- Willing and able to work outside of regular business hours and participate to 24/7 support when necessary
This Might Be the Right Place if You….
- Are a team fit; can help advance our global, inclusive culture
- Are self-starter who likes to roll up your sleeves and take initiative with minimal direction
- Can think about tomorrow, while getting your work done today
- Are a collaborative team player; primary audience will be internal teams
- Are curious and open to learning and finding new solutions
- Are able to provide and accept feedback in a constructive manner
- Are organized, have strong communication skills, and do whatever it takes to get things done
The Benefits of Working Here
A career with Anuvu is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a casual culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to a providing an outstanding work environment, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, employee assistance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Advanced | Agile | Applied
Anuvu is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Let Innovation Move You.