For over a decade, our clients in aviation and maritime have used our technology-driven products and services to keep their passengers entertained and connected to the things they love, from anywhere in the world. Brands such as Southwest Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Emirates and Celebrity Cruises have trusted us to provide solutions from high-speed broadband internet to movies, television and games.
Our team of global experts take pride in providing clients what they need today while creating a strategic road map for tomorrow through reliable, scalable, and affordable content and connectivity solutions designed to meet the ever-changing technology needs of our clients' passengers and guests.
Be Part of the Movement
Anuvu is embarking on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we deliver what customers need today, while remaining flexible and future-focused.
The Maritime Field Engineer is responsible for providing onsite technical support to install, repair, and maintain terrestrial systems and satellite earth stations/VSAT/ESV terminals in both fixed and stabilized environments at customer locations located anywhere in the world.
Location: Miramar, FL
Remote Options: This role is in-person only and requires travel in North and South America when needed.
What You'll Be Doing
- Troubleshoot RF and IP components of maritime VSAT/ESV systems using specialized software and test equipment. Interpret troubleshooting results and determine the best course of action to restore operability in the least time possible and most cost-effective manner.
- Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
- Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Take action to resolve such anomalies before failure impacting customer services.
- Installation, configuration, testing, and troubleshooting communication equipment including satellite modems, transceivers, BUC’s, LNB’s, Stabilized antennas (SeaTel, Orbit, Intellian), and out of band management.
- Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists, and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues.
- Understand/Manipulate test equipment and tools required to diagnose VSAT systems including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multimeters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
- Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey, and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
- Maintain tools, test equipment, and manage spares inventory as required.
- Maintain the proper up-to-date documents to travel on short notice.
- Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Position reports to the Supervisor, Field Operations - Maritime
- Interacts with customers, internal personnel, and shipboard personnel.
- PC & telephone use
- Able to transport or lift tools and/or equipment weighing up to 75lbs
- Be able to pass the basic medical fitness tests.
- Working aloft may be required
- Heavy travel required (80%) both locally and internationally
- Ability to maintain valid passport and safety certification.
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience.
- One-Two years of field experience installing and troubleshooting maritime VSAT/ESV systems (knowledge of Seatel and Intellian products preferred).
- Once hired, 2 months of on-the-job training.
- Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Good skills in MS Office environment (Word, Excel & Project).
- Basics of RF (Satellite/Microwave) communications and IP Networking (Cisco experience preferred).
- Familiar with Spectrum Analyzers and BER Test Equipment.
- Self-organized, problem-solving skills, technical background, communications skills, client relations management, conflict resolution, and planning skills.
- Has a determined and resilient demeanor toward challenges and technical issues.
- Presents a positive attitude and can work well individually or as part of a team.
- Professionally represents Auvu.
This Might Be the Right Place if You….
- Are a team fit; can help advance our global, inclusive culture
- Are self-starter who likes to roll up your sleeves and take initiative with minimal direction
- Can think about tomorrow, while getting your work done today
- Are a collaborative team player; primary audience will be internal teams
- Are curious and open to learning and finding new solutions
- Are able to provide and accept feedback in a constructive manner
- Are organized, have strong communication skills, and do whatever it takes to get things done
The Benefits of Working Here
A career with Anuvu is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a casual culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to a providing an outstanding work environment, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, employee assistance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Advanced | Agile | Applied
Anuvu is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Let Innovation Move You.