For over a decade, our clients in aviation and maritime have used our technology-driven products and services to keep their passengers entertained and connected to the things they love, from anywhere in the world. Brands such as Southwest Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Emirates and Celebrity Cruises have trusted us to provide solutions from high-speed broadband internet to movies, television and games.
Our team of global experts take pride in providing clients what they need today while creating a strategic road map for tomorrow through reliable, scalable, and affordable content and connectivity solutions designed to meet the ever-changing technology needs of our clients' passengers and guests.
Be Part of the Movement
Anuvu is embarking on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we deliver what customers need today, while remaining flexible and future-focused.
The purpose of this role will be to track and review all RF and VSAT antenna related escalations. The RF SME will be responsible for analyzing the details of all RF escalations to identify any failures in the support method. RF SME will also determine technical support demarcations in regards to RF/VSAT service issues. RF SME will be responsible for documenting and implementing precision training as deemed necessary.
Location: Anywhere in the United States.
Remote Options: This role has the option to be completely remote anywhere in the United States
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide technical leadership and expertise to less experienced engineers
- Promote development of NOC operators by providing focused training as determined necessary
- Forecasting training needs and recommending appropriate support tools and resources
- Provide expert level insight into possible technical challenges by remaining current with technology updates and revisions
- Resolving complex RF/mechanical problems as needed in an effort to limit external escalations
- Retroactively troubleshoot technical issues to determine best course of action to address possible recurrences
- Manage the flow internal/external escalations by means of documented and approved processes
- Encourage external teams to comply with technical escalation processes through coordination with appropriate leadership
- Keep NOC Manager informed of any failures in technical support with routine reporting
- Serve as gateway for NOC escalations to field engineering. Adding this gate reduces/eliminates unnecessary field visits
- Provide T4 assist to dispatched field engineers having troubles resolving issues or installing equipment they aren’t completely comfortable with. Reduces occurrences of equipment being installed incorrectly due to lack of understanding, causing additional failures, and revisits
- Reviews all field service reports to ensure problems are repaired correctly. Identifies areas where retraining may be necessary and works with Training Manager to facilitate. Will reduce the number of revisits by field engineers
- Will provide specific, directed training on complex topics related to installation, troubleshooting, and/or repair of antennas and related equipment. Reduces number of escalations to field engineering and increases FE proficiency
- Will work directly with QA analysts to identify opportunities for improvement (OFIs) for NOC technicians through incident update and troubleshooting flow analysis. Reduces number of escalations to field engineering
- Will work with NOC Manager to create efficient standard operating procedures for antenna troubleshooting, maintenance, and operation
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, wireless, or microwave engineering.
- Minimum four years of experience in VSAT communications, or 6 years in lieu of applicable degree.
- Fluent in English, other languages are beneficial
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Able to successfully prioritize when faced with requests, demands, and deadlines
- Experience coordinating and managing technical activities with small teams
- Must show aptitude and desire to learn and advance in this technical field
- Capacity to manage and deliver on several initiatives simultaneously
- Facility to prioritize and organize effectively
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
- Skill to communicate effectively orally and electronically.
- VSAT installer or support background required
- SeaTel, Intellian, or other VSAT Manufacturer Certifications Desired
- Experience working with iDirect, Comtech, Newtec, and Satlink equipment and tools
- Expert knowledge of communication theory and TDMA/SCPC/MCPC standards related technologies
- Strong understanding of engineering concepts, RF fundamentals, RF design and the operation of satellite communication equipment
- Well versed in RF diagnostic and optimization tools
- Proficient in RF propagation modeling, interference, and link budget analysis is beneficial
- Creative Problem Solver
- Analytical Thinker
- Skilled in Prioritization
- Electronics and/or Computers
- Effective Communicator
This Might Be the Right Place if You….
- Are a team fit; can help advance our global, inclusive culture
- Are self-starter who likes to roll up your sleeves and take initiative with minimal direction
- Can think about tomorrow, while getting your work done today
- Are a collaborative team player; primary audience will be internal teams
- Are curious and open to learning and finding new solutions
- Are able to provide and accept feedback in a constructive manner
- Are organized, have strong communication skills, and do whatever it takes to get things done
The Benefits of Working Here
A career with Anuvu is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a casual culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to a providing an outstanding work environment, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, employee assistance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Advanced | Agile | Applied
Anuvu is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Let Innovation Move You.