For over a decade, our clients in aviation and maritime have used our technology-driven products and services to keep their passengers entertained and connected to the things they love, from anywhere in the world. Brands such as Southwest Airlines, Norwegian Cruise Lines, Emirates and Celebrity Cruises have trusted us to provide solutions from high-speed broadband internet to movies, television and games.
Our team of global experts take pride in providing clients what they need today while creating a strategic road map for tomorrow through reliable, scalable, and affordable content and connectivity solutions designed to meet the ever-changing technology needs of our clients' passengers and guests.
Be Part of the Movement
Anuvu is embarking on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we deliver what customers need today, while remaining flexible and future-focused.
Responsible for providing onsite technical support for the purpose of the installation, repair and maintenance of various telecom systems, with weight on analogue and digital radio systems and analogue, digital and IPTV headend with belonging coax networks.
Location: Norway is preferable, but we are open to applicants outside of Norway (as long as they can speak Norwegian and English).
What You’ll Be Doing
- Familiar with Motorola TETRA and/or Synectics CCTV systems.
- Familiar with analogue and digital radio systems and infotainment, analogue/digital and IPTV headend.
- Analyze the results of corrective actions to ensure systems, components and services are working satisfactorily.
- Analyze diagnostic tools and monitoring software to proactively interpret problems or symptoms that can lead to equipment failure or degradation of network efficiency. Resolve anomalies prior to failure impacting customer services.
- Installation, configuration, testing and troubleshooting offshore and onshore communication equipment with weight on analogue and digital radio systems, and infotainment headend.
- Interpret technical drawings, service orders, circuit diagrams, part lists and schematics to effectively understand and troubleshoot customer issues. Familiar with Autocad is an advantage.
- Understand test equipment and tools required to diagnose various telecom systems. including but not limited to; spectrum analyzers, multi-meters, data testers, hand tools, etc.
- Complete detailed written corrective maintenance, site survey and preventative maintenance reports that are clear and grammatically correct in English upon completion of service activity.
- Maintain the proper up-to-date documents in order to travel on short notice.
- Maintain tools, test equipment and manage spares inventory as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Meet all HSE requirements and certifications to perform job duties.
- Preferably obtaining valid offshore basic HSE training
- Able to pass basic medical fitness test
- Familiar with HSE requirements working offshore on the NCS
- Heavy travel required both locally and internationally.
- Ability to maintain valid passport and safety certification
What We’re Looking For
- Degree in electrical/electronic/communications engineering (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Familiar with NORSOK.
- Three to five years of field experience installing and troubleshooting telecommunication systems, with weight on analogue and digital radio systems, infotainment/IPTV headend and coax network.
- Excellent English both written and verbal. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Good skills in MS-Office environment (Word, Excel & Project)
- Familiar with Spectrum Analyzers and radio test equipment.
- Basics RF, radio coverage mapping.
- Autocad experience is an advantage
- Self-organized, problemsolving skills, technical background, good communications skill, client relations management, conflict resolution and planning skills.
- PC and Telephone use
This Might Be the Right Place if You….
- Are a team fit; can help advance our global, inclusive culture
- Are self-starter who likes to roll up your sleeves and take initiative with minimal direction
- Can think about tomorrow, while getting your work done today
- Are a collaborative team player; primary audience will be internal teams
- Are curious and open to learning and finding new solutions
- Are able to provide and accept feedback in a constructive manner
- Are organized, have strong communication skills, and do whatever it takes to get things done
- The Benefits of Working Here
The Benefits of Working Here
A career with Anuvu is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a casual culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including paid time off, health insurance, life insurance, flexible scheduling, employee assistance and more!
Advanced | Agile | Applied
Anuvu is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Let Innovation Move You.