About Global Eagle
Moments that move us stick with us. Together with our clients, we have the power to make those moments happen 30,000 feet in the air or right in the middle of the ocean. Whether it’s for business, pleasure, or anything in between—we make it easy for travelers to stay connected to the things they love, even when they’re away.
Be part of the movement.
Global Eagle is about to embark on a new chapter with a new story to tell. As one of the leading providers of high-speed connectivity and entertainment solutions for worldwide mobility markets, we are focused on providing our customers what they need today while thinking strategically for their tomorrow.
Global Eagle is looking for professionals who are innovative, eager and self-driven. While we’ve been around for 7 years and have over 1000 employees in 20+ countries, we still like to roll up our sleeves and get the job done. Our team is made up of individuals who are experts in their craft but remain flexible as technology and trends continue to evolve.
The Product Management department is responsible for the nurturing and enhancement of GEE’s overall product set across multiple verticals including airline and maritime.
Within the scope of this remit, we manage a product portfolio across both existing products and new products which are under development.
The end-to-end product lifecycle initially sees ideas being turned into concepts, ROI and commercial opportunities quantified. Once there is a clear business case or strategic intent, requirements are generated, supplier strategies formulated, products are then created with subsequent customer rollouts and roadmap enhancements through to the eventual retiring of non-performing products.
Product Management touches all aspects of the GEE business, collaborating closely with Customer, Sales, Engineering, Marketing/Business Development and Finance.
What you will be doing
- Market definition, assessment and competitive landscape analysis
- Technology assessment: work closely with potential vendors to understand their product evolutions and roadmap and make recommendations to R&D team for feedback, adoption & consideration
- Development and maintenance of product & technology roadmaps
- End-to-End lifecycle management: specification, working with engineering to build, measure and improve reliability through to product end-of-life
- Input and drive commercial agreements with external hardware vendors, in concert with Supply Chain team – guiding key terms & conditions, setting SLA’s
- Development and maintenance of product marketing plans
- Work with B2B partners (airlines) to understand launch requirements, blending airlines objectives with internal tactical and strategic objectives.
- Work with internal hardware and software development teams to drive the execution of the product roadmap
- Provide strategic and tactical direction around the planning and design of new products, services/applications for GEE products.
- Definition of new products, enhancements and development of the associated business case
- Preparation of proposals for both new and existing products
- Definition of product tiered pricing strategy in collaboration with sales and program management
- Development of product collateral and sales tools to support sales activity
- Conduct win/loss analysis
- Provide training to the sales channel and provide product specific support to the sales channel through coordination with engineering and program management
- Meet with customers and partner companies on a regular basis, developing excellent working relationships while managing the scope of all Client activities
- Prepare various internal reports/forecasts on a monthly basis and brief senior management as required
- Prepare various external reports for customers on a periodic basis
- Provide regular forecasts to manufacturing synthesized from data collected from multiple sources including contracts, sales, programs and customers
- Regular travel to customer and partner company sites
- Drive the coordination across various groups within GEE such as – Sales, Marketing, Engineering, and Content
- Prepare and deliver management communications to senior leaders.
- Effectively manage costs through managing BOM costs, balancing internal hardware development vs external supplier sourced
- Develop and manage external vendor relationships.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related industry required
- Minimum of 5 years of product management experience
- Demonstrated ability to drive product management, product planning and marketing through launch
- Experience in Satellite Modem Technologies, Baseband and Satellite Broadband
- Basic comfort with WiFi infrastructure
- Experience in the specification and product management; cradle-to-grave of Wireless Access Points / CWLUs
- Experience working with suppliers including; Kontron and Astronics preferred but not essential
- Understanding of User Interface design
- Proven and lasting curiosity and drive
- Aviation experience considered a plus
- Excellent project management skills. Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple projects/priorities at once, establish timelines/milestones to achieve objectives, co-ordinate teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to create presentations & present effectively to different audiences – technical, senior leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally and effectively with all levels of employees across the business
- Ability to operate effectively under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in business requirements & technology
- Strong strategic, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Work closely with our Satellite Networking, Hardware Engineering teams in Illinois and California and Supply Chain in Florida to ensure the appropriate hardware is specified, sourced and delivered
- Work closely with your GEE Product Mgmt. and Mktg colleagues to ensure that product decisions are in balance with the wider company priorities
- Support the VP of Product Management to ensure that new connectivity possibilities are aligned with product roadmap, advertising and partnership requirements
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.