Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The VP of Account Management - Aviation Connectivity is responsible for managing Global Eagle’s relationships with its European and Middle Eastern Connectivity Customers. The individual reports to the Senior VP of Commercial, Aviation Connectivity, and owns long-term strategic relationships with all assigned aviation connectivity accounts. The role also manages and develops the team of Account Directors/Managers that deal with customers on a day-to-day basis (in a player/coach role). The goal of the role and team is to drive both top line revenue growth and profitable business opportunities through cross sell and upsell activities. Read on for more information.
What You Will Be Doing
- Reports to GEE’s Senior VP, Commercial Aviation Connectivity to operate the accounts as successful business partnerships
- Is accountable for the financial health and performance – including managing the program budget, gross margin and P&L of the accounts and how this affects the overall company health of Global Eagle.
- Develop and lead a team of Account Managers who lead both the tactical and strategic business activities with all assigned connectivity accounts and serve as Global Eagle’s lead business point of contact with the client airlines and relevant program partners
- Establish and grow the Company’s favourable influence with the client and with program partners
- Develop and maintain long-term strategic relationships with accounts to service accounts and generate and close sales opportunities including contract renewals, renegotiations, and extensions, upselling and cross-selling
- Communicates with the right balance of push and pull relevant to client needs internally and company needs externally
- Works with Global Eagle stakeholders to make sure clients receive requested products and services in a timely fashion as committed
- Drive execution and support within internal stakeholders to deliver and support account needs and support
- Increase aviation fleet sizes under management
- Drive actions to increase customer satisfaction scores
- Coordinate all internal and external resources to ensure timely, effective contract fulfilment.
- Proactively identify and optimize opportunities to increase the sales of Global Eagle products and services, coordinating the efforts of Global Eagle’s product and services experts in this effort.
- Proactively propose profitability and operational improvements for the accounts.
- Be accountable for all that happens and does not happen in the accounts.
- Forecasts and tracks client accounts against internally agreed metrics, keeps records of client transactions and ensures all invoicing and payments are documented and up to date
- Assists in the internal coordination with other Global Eagle stakeholders who contribute to supporting the connectivity accounts to ensure a consistent service is delivered that meets the client’s needs
- Collaborates with Connectivity Sales Team members to reach additional prospective clients and support sales activities
- In order to support the growth of the Company’s global business, the successful candidate must occasionally work during hours outside of the normal local business day
Education & Experience
- Proven 15+ year influential track record that leads to sales growth in connectivity services, satellite bandwidth, aviation equipment, software or hardware and in a competitive environment
- Proved P&L experience
- Proven leader of teams across continents
- Known to aggressively pursue relationship and sales goals
- Effective balances client-centric approach with P&L targets/goals
- Knows finance and accounting relevant to account and project management
- Strong contract negotiation and management skills
- Has knowledge of the commercial aviation connectivity business (satellite and land infrastructure)
- Aviation experience required – preferably in Commercial Aviation
- Must be fluent in English
- Second language fluency is an asset with a preference to French
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, pension, disability, life insurance, flexible scheduling, discounts on food and travel, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.