Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
This leader will be responsible for the global operational and commercial management of Global Eagle’s Technical Services Lab business which includes business development, customer service, management of the P/L and the on-time delivery of content to the highest quality and lowest cost. This includes the global content supply chain, from receipt of media assets and associated metadata, through editorial and packaging “value-add”, to the delivery of media packages to integrators and clients.
Global Eagle’s digital supply chain is close to completing a large multi-year transformation and it is expected that this role will be on-boarded near the conclusion of the transformation. The successful candidate will need to have experience in change management and creating and maintaining standardization and adherence to SOPs.
This is a senior position which reports directly into the SVP of Content & Media Services. The role will be responsible for the strategy, planning and delivery of services to clients on a global basis, and will also create and manage a continuous improvement program, to include demand, capacity and resource planning, performance analysis and line management of the global media operations team. The global team are located in Global Eagle’s Centres of Excellence in Santa Ana, Dubai, Mumbai, Hong Kong and UK and include all aspects of media operations, service delivery, creative, and data & images teams. In addition, the role will be responsible for setting and maintaining revenue and cost budgets, including hitting revenue growth targets and growing the business.
Following the Company’s transformation, a focus on growing the Lab revenue will be critical and this role will be responsible for identifying prospective 3 rd party customers and successfully negotiating new business.
Excellent customer service is critical and on-time, high quality delivery will be a key performance indicator.
The successful candidate must have Media & Entertainment Lab experience, including oversight of a medium size multi-location Operations team who operate in a digital supply chain environment.
This leader will also play a key role in building and strengthening key operational relationships with clients, avionics systems integrators and content suppliers.
What You Will Be Doing
Grow the Business
- Create and execute against a business development plan and perform against budgeted revenue targets
- Partner and align with the internal Global Content Partnership team to target prospective Lab partners and pitch, sign and successfully onboard new business partners.
Manage the Business
- Accountable for the creation of and adherence to operational budgets.
- Management of the Operations team to drive planning and performance analysis across the core set of activities to deliver our services to our clients.
- Creation of a set of standard operating procedures and policies and management practices with regular reviews at all levels to ensure these are followed.
- Maximize potential of digital content supply chain infrastructure and applications, and partner with the delivery and platforms teams to ensure continued development.
- Be a key source of knowledge of key trends in the external media supply chain and operations market and bring the key relevant practices and knowledge into GEE.
- Lead the team to identify and capture key performance data that will enable the Content Operations management team to make data driven decisions and communicate performance levels.
- Accountable for the functional resource plan (people, finance & technology) and working with support departments to maximise efficiency
- Ensure that departmental decisions and project plans such as those for staffing, development, organization, material efficiency, hardware acquisitions, and facilities are in line with the organizations business plan, budget and vision.
Manage the Team
- Manage and develop the Operations/Technical Services team including regular performance feedback, career goal setting and succession planning
- Ensure a positive, collaborative work environment with all GEE departments and teams, and actively identify and share best practices, along with successful implementation of company policy and processes.
- Coach and develop a diverse and inclusive team
- Provide general leadership support across all locations and the wider teams.
- Ensure the team receive regular performance feedback, that Direct Reports understand their team’s career goals and that there are succession plans in place.
Be a good global team player
- Support the SVP, Content and Media Services, deputizing where necessary.
- Exemplify the company core values and behaviours.
- Create and communicate the functional strategy and be accountable for delivering departmental outcomes that align with the business strategy.
- Deliver continuous improvement efficiencies.
- Ensure regular, relevant and effective communication with key stakeholders across the organisation and throughout the Content Operations function.
- Bachelor’s Degree degree in a business, technology or operations related discipline; MBA or master’s in related field is a plus
- 10 + years in digital media operations, operations management and media operational supply chain management
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong supervisory and leadership experience across different locations, countries and cultures
- Experience of market leading practices in digital media technical operations, operations and metadata, most likely gained from working with leading players in this field
- Track record of taking control of situations and driving change to improve performance
- A good understanding of the Media & Entertainment IFE industry and digital supply chain management technological developments
- Exemplify the company core values and behaviors
- Business acumen: knowledgeable in current policies and information affecting the business
- Negotiating: can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; has a good sense of timing; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships
- Strategic thinking and agility: capable of providing clear, balanced thinking on a broad range of strategic and complex management and operational issues; can anticipate future consequences and trends; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans
- Driving results: results-oriented style with a high degree of analytical ability and proven problem-solving skills; very bottom-line oriented; pushes for results
- Process management: good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources
- Leading change: ability to thrive and quickly adapt to change, leading others through change in a dynamic, fast-paced industry and work environment.
- Collaborating and influencing: effectively builds strong relationships and partnerships within and outside of the company. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship with all levels of team members, including front-line and mid-level personnel. Able to effectively navigate within a matrixed corporate structure and geographically diverse environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization with an open, honest and direct communication style that establishes an empathetic and effective relationship from front-line to the most senior-level personnel.
- Organization & Planning: Can marshal resources to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently; sets objectives and goals; breaks down work into process steps, schedules and tasks; measures performance against goals.
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.