Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The Billing Manager will serve as a key member of the global Shared Services Center (SSC) team and as a key interface between billing and other stakeholders throughout the organization. This position reports directly to the Senior Manager of AR.
The Billing Manager is responsible for leading and planning the billing operations for a twelve-person department. The individual is responsible for designing, implementing, and enforcing policies and procedures as well as streamlining effective billing process across multiple business entities. The Billing manager role would include being the primary point of contact for escalated customer inquiries and work with internal sales/support teams to ensure timely resolution of outstanding issues. Help facilitate the research and coordinate any billing adjustments and credits. This position is highly visible and requires a strong leader with the ability to prioritize, plan, and direct the department.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide day-to-day supervision to the Billing team, ensuring that staff is adhering to departmental procedures and ensuring timely and accurate work of the staff, and meeting department/company goals
- Assist team with creating special, custom, or summary billing/invoices for customers that require non-standard billing/invoicing, as needed
- Oversee and streamline the billing process
- Provides guidance to Billing team and handles escalated issues providing resolution
- Manage the credit memo and re billing process, including reporting and process improvements related to the credit memo process
- Track the types of customer complaints, errors, billing, and other inquiries. Provide recommendations on how to improve customer service
- Assist in the development, implementation and maintenance of policies and procedures
- Month end closing of the billing department information
- Assist in the preparation of the deferred revenues and accrued revenues schedules.
- Assist in reporting and auditing of billing for SOX compliance
- Assist with a management reporting package that includes a comprehensive list of KPIs
- Maintain current training materials and ensure all duties are cross trained within the Billing department
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic and financial goals
- Personnel development, staff meetings/discussions planning/interviews; team building
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree Required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in billing or accounting
- Minimum 7 years of experience of accounts receivable and collections
- Minimum 2 years of experience in supervising employees
- Oracle or ERP experience strongly preferred
- Strong Microsoft office and technology applications experience.
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments, developing great teams and working closely and effectively with peers outside of the accounting team
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing and enhancing processes in a growing organization
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with and influence others at all organizational levels
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and with Senior Management
- Strong knowledge and understanding of standard procedures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and able to communicate with all levels of Management
- Excellent ability to interact professionally and effectively with internal and external customers in person and over the phone
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while paying attention to detail.
- Ability to gather and interpret data, compile information and prepare reports
- Solid business background including knowledge of best practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to recruit, train and develop a high performing team
- Critical thinking, process improvements.
- Must be a self-starter
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.