Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
What You Will Be Doing
- Evaluates complex situations using multiple sources of information filters, validates and interprets dynamic material
- Manages and appropriately escalates: delivery impediments, risks, issues, and changes associated to the product development initiatives
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional teams and interact with all levels
- Analysis, planning, developing requirements documents, building functional models, developing procedures, developing functional architectures, and other related management and technical duties
- Assigns and monitors work of technical personnel, ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time and within budget
- Creates a method of change management including ownership of a documentation, communication plans, process training, etc.
- Defines project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with stakeholders and business partners
- Defines, acquires, and allocates budget, staff, and other resources necessary to accomplish the goals and/or objectives of the program group/function and monitors performance across resource channels
- Designs and implements processes to monitor and control resources, budget, risks and value to Business Objectives
- Establishes, plans, and executes major milestone reviews and decision gates to complete the program and project life cycle. Ensures all the required products are produced and reviewed, including the technical leadership of requirements
management, design, implementation, system integration, verification, test, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainment of the technical solution
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group; developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Exercises broadly delegated authority for planning, directing, coordinating, administering, and executing many routine and complex projects/programs.
- Identifies, clarifies and communicates project vision, goals and objectives and how these tie into, support or impedes organizational strategic objectives
- Manages scope throughout the project duration. Maintains accurate program estimates, timelines, project plans, status reports
- Manages KPIs in relation to the plan and published progress reports
- Provides process improvement recommendations based on best practices and industry standards
- Resolves conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Responsible for complex program management tasks and development of standards and processes for scheduling, administration, and accounting.
- Understands, tracks and articulates issues / risks / action items; work with responsible owners to address the items on a timely basis; update the appropriate stakeholders as needed
Education & Experience
- 5-7+ years of Technical Project Manager experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of Project Management processes, artifacts and tools
- PMP Certification
- Ability to independently manage the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and project team
- An ability to drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.