Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
As a key member of the Account Management Team, you will report to the Account Director. The Client Account Manager (CAM) serves as the primary business contact for the client and is responsible for client satisfaction. The CAM is expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals within the organisation to ensure quality. In addition, the CAM will build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities.
This position represents the main link between the client and all GEE Content, Operations, Finance & Technical Departments, including overall responsibility for the successful initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of projects relating to the client with the key focus on ensuring that all delivery of products and services to the client are satisfactory and well executed. Your role will require you to continuously monitor customer satisfaction and review customer feedback.
What You Will Be Doing
- To play a key role for the business in managing an account (or portfolio) from initial take on through to on-going relationship management. You will act as a go-to expert for any client queries or issues and will work diligently to resolve these. You will engage with stakeholders throughout the business to coordinate multiple client projects that will meet and exceed client expectations.
- To conduct regular research on airlines fleet, systems, current situation and future plans to provide expert knowledge to the customer with insights on industry and technology developments with support from key areas of the group.
- Manage scope creep through client change orders, internal change orders, phased delivery or methods to ensure projects deliver on timeline, scope, budget and strategy expectations.
- Evaluate all key project deliverables, as well as final product to ensure traceability of requirements, high quality and client acceptance.
- Ensure project meets internal and client expectations with respect to quality, budget, delivery timelines, and strategy.
- Identify, track, manage and mitigate risk on specific client engagements. Escalate these issues when necessary to ensure minimal impact to quality, budget, and timeline.
- Where project control is in jeopardy, create contingency plans with appropriate input from key team members and implement a revised project schedule, scope or budget in a timely manner.
- Managing the client budget
- Problem solving and prevention
- Issue handling and resolution
- Innovation/Creativity on looking at accounts suggesting ideas and ways to improve accounts.
- To ensure that all issues/problems and are processed quickly and effectively, to ensure that the client is receiving the required level of service in order to maintain a good client relationship and excellent Renewal rate.
- To make contact with clients on regular basis, including onsite visits, and be the driver for ensuring customer satisfaction.
- To be an excellent communicator with the ability to forge effective business relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Responsible for building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and delivering results to enhance their business.
- Visiting client and understanding their needs, objectives and continually monitoring their business.
- Ensure all feedback and findings are completed accurately and within deadlines.
- Liaise with all departments involved in gaining feedback for clients.
- Instigate regular creative reviews of Global Eagle’s offering and overall content strategy
- Provide regular creative and innovative solutions and ideas with support from appropriate areas of the business i.e creative, content, marketing, technology
- Provide expert knowledge to the customer with insights on industry and technology developments with support from key areas of the group.
- Deliver reports to clients at various stages of the operation, together with delivering a final presentation to recommended improvements to their business.
- 3rd Party Liaison with Hardware manufacturers/Integrators
- Liaising with UK and International offices on content delivery
Reporting and Administration
- To maintain and update client contact details and client systems
- Measure and report on customer satisfaction
- Weekly Customer updates to be provided internally
- To achieve monthly, quarterly and annual revenue and margin targets
- Working with Operational Finance to prepare monthly revenue and margin reports
- Maximise upselling opportunities for GEE products and services
- Devise and implement margin improvement plans through content utilization
- Prepare quarterly upselling and content utilisation reports
- Active and ongoing role in the contract renewal and/or renegotiation process
- Facilitates the development of new products and services in line with business strategy and client needs.
- Preparing Client Proposals with the input and inclusion of key Global Eagle personnel
- Supports the Client Account Director in developing the Account Management plan
Development of Self and Others
- Is committed to the continuous process of education and development of him/herself
- Shares knowledge, skills, experience and coaching for improvement
- Accepts responsibility for developing succession plans for his/her own role in order to protect company and Client relationships as well as service levels.
Education & Experience
- Degree or Diploma
- At least two years’ experience in a client services focused role
- Experience in Media/Entertainment/Arabic content will be desirable
- Must be fluent in writing and speaking Arabic
- Delegate work in a way which builds commitment and opportunity for others
- Plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Handle Stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Accepts responsibility for achieving goals and expectations
- Work as part of a team
- Understand Client, investor and shareholder perspectives
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing projects that are strategic in nature and global in scope.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Extremely detail orientated
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Motivated, goal orientated, persistent and a skilled negotiator.
- Able to build rapport and maintain client relations.
- Confidence in delivering presentations comfortably and successfully to large audiences, including up to board level.
- Confident working with Excel and PowerPoint, including pivot tables and Windows Vista.
- “Out of the box” forward thinker.
- Understand client objectives and requirements.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing accounts.
- Able to deliver to strict deadlines; capable of working successfully under pressure.
- Negotiation skills.
- Able to construct and write business proposals.
- Generate new business.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Recognise and proactively overcome challenges.
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits.
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.