Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
Reporting to the Director, Content Operations EMEA, this role will lead the Dubai Operations teams who are responsible for the delivery of media to our customers. This will include managing Scheduling, Compliance Editing, Media Operations and QC to the Customer’s required technical specification and service levels.
Leading the Dubai Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring that all functions within your department are as efficient and effective as possible, and maintain the highest level of commitment to quality and on-time delivery. You will ensure that global standard operating procedures are strictly adhered to whilst striving for continuous improvement.
A critical part of the role will be to focus on identifying and implementing opportunities for continuous improvement, and ensuring smooth communication and workflows across the company with third party vendors and clients where appropriate. You will manage technical and strategic goals and objectives that align with global objectives in a matrix environment, and oversee all related management, resourcing and customer/stakeholder management tasks.
It is expected that you will identify any synergistic and resource efficiency opportunities that may exist in Dubai, and merge and integrate all operations teams to create one team. You will be part of the Global Content Operations team and will work closely with your colleagues/peers around the world, to ensure successful delivery of content which includes provision of new services for our customers.
The successful applicant will be expected to chair and organize frequent meetings with staff and higher-level management, write reports and present to senior leadership teams as and when required.
International travel will be required.
What You Will Be Doing
- Management, design and leadership of Dubai Operations responsible for the delivery of media to a range of clients across a range of markets and to a variety of platforms
- Retire legacy systems and migrate teams to the OPENTM platform
- Editing of media to a set of agreed compliance guidelines of client requests
- Delivery of media to internal and external customers to the agreed quality and service levels
- Identification and implementation of process and workflow improvements both within the local department, and across the Content and Media Group
- Convert Company and M&C strategy into local strategy and objectives
- Identification of changes needed to support continuous improvement actions and ensure change is embedded in the working practics of the team
- Ensure the department’s skill and knowledge levels deliver present and target future requirements of the business
- Manage the delivery of the workflows the department is responsible for to the agreed service levels
- Working with service delivery on the key performance indicators for the department
- Ensure compliance with required safety regulations as required
- Keep up to date with technology and software advances for content supply chains
- Technical Liaison
- Manage internal client relationships to deliver to their needs
- Work with internal clients and peers to capture and plan future requirements / briefs / projects
- Exemplify the company core values and behaviours.
- Accountable for the departmental resource plan (people, finance & technology) and working with support departments to maximise efficiency
- Ensure the team receive regular performance feedback, that managers understand their teams career goals and there are succession plans in place.
- Create and communicate the departmental strategy and be accountable for delivering departmental outcomes that align with the business strategy.
- Deliver continuous improvement efficiencies.
- Coach and develop a diverse and inclusive team.
- Provide general leadership support across your locations and the wider teams.
- Ensure regular, relevant and effective communication with key stakeholders, across the function and throughout the department.
Education & Experience
- Proven track record of leading teams of managers and multi skilled teams
- Experience of working for high end media brands to industry standards
- High comfort level with technology and metrics
- Proven track record of fostering employee engagement and managing change
- Delegate work in a way which builds commitment and opportunity for others
- Handle stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Understand client, investor and shareholder perspectives
- Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing projects that are strategic in nature and global in scope.
- Excellent organizational skills with demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and on budget.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc.)
- Motivated, goal orientated, persistent and a skilled negotiator
- Has minimum 10 years experience of working in Media processing, including delivery to third party customers
- Has knowledge and experience of working with technologies that support media processing and metadata publishing
- Able to build rapport and maintain client relations.
- Confidence in delivering presentations comfortably and successfully to large audiences.
- Confident working with Excel and PowerPoint
- Out of the box” forward thinker, ability to solve problems
- Understand client objectives and requirements.
- Identify opportunities to grow existing accounts
- Manage a variety of accounts whilst delivering an excellent service.
- Able to deliver to strict deadlines; capable of working successfully under pressure. Negotiation skills.
- Able to construct and write business proposals.
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels.
- Recognise and proactively overcome challenges.
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.