Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Follow us on www.globaleagle.com.
Reporting to the Director of Revenue Assurance, Manager/Senior of Revenue, will be responsible for Connectivity Revenue accounting and reporting. They will be involved in the month, quarter and year-end close processes including but not limited to the analysis of content revenue, directly associated costs and reporting deliverables. They will have the opportunity to work with our Accounting and Finance counterparts to help ensure that all financial statements are in accordance with US GAAP and to provide accounting support, where needed. This role will also work closely with other internal Global Eagle Entertainment divisions, including Finance, Legal, Sales, Treasury, and Tax.
- Write technical accounting memos and policies for revenue, leases, internally developed software, etc.
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day revenue accounting cycle, including allocation and prioritization of team while partnering closely with the Accounts Receivable and Sales team
- Develop and maintain close relationships with external auditors, management, legal department, sales team and accounting department personnel
- Assist overseeing Month End Close process encompassing review of staff journal entries; account reconciliations; month-end revenue accruals; preparation of client revenue analysis; financial statements oversight and variance analysis
- Ensure accounting and reporting is in compliance with US GAAP and Global Eagle Accounting Policy
- Assist with review of contracts and licenses by third parties to ensure that reported royalties are accurate based on client deal structure and film licenses
- Coach, mentor, train and manage team members
- Oversee the compilation of by Client Revenue Analysis and Deferred Revenue Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Track documents and other legal and administrative matters with the business groups
- Assist with special projects and research projects as assigned by Director of Revenue and perform other tasks as needed.
- to ensure accuracy of the financial statements.
- Assist with the Revenue teams Sarbanes Oxley compliance, including assisting with design and implementation of SOX controls, periodic review and testing procedures, walkthroughs of each in-scope process, and other miscellaneous projects as directed by auditors and management requests
- Assist in various projects including ad hoc analysis and system implementations.
- Assist with identifying areas for process improvement that are scalable: to increase productivity; increase efficiency and reduce costs
- Revenue Recognition ASC 606 experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA preferred, MBA is a plus
- Manager/6 + years of general accounting experience, public accounting experience desirable: Senior/3 to 4+ years general accounting experience, public accounting experience desirable
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Experience with Royalty Accounting or Licensing
- Solid foundation in GAAP, with knowledge of royalty accounting and its concepts (e.g. Advances, Deferred Unused Advances, Guarantee Shortfall, Audit Findings, and Fixed Fee etc.)
- Ability to interpret complex contractual agreements to determine the proper accounting treatment or disclosure consequences
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation” is critical
- Experience in Media, Broadband, Telecommunications or Software Industries Highly Preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail with a high level of accuracy & integrity
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Previous experience with major accounting software experience such as Oracle, Salesforce, JD Edwards, MS Dynamics SL, MS Dynamics GP, Citrix, PeopleSoft, SAP, etc.
- Intermediate to advance Excel skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates with Revenue Recognition ASC 606 will be contacted.