Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com
The Satellite Capacity Engineer is responsible for managing Satellite Capacity achieving highest efficiency and optimization of Global Eagle’s global network for aero, land and maritime services. Failures in these activities will impact directly customer services, revenues and utilization of satellite capacity resources.
Main responsibilities and tasks in this role are the following:
- Provide RF transmission plans and satellite analysis to determine the capacity needed for setting up services
- Define technical and operational characteristics of the carriers and ensure that they are compatible in terms of technology, interference and hardware to draw up the transmission plans.
- Link budget calculations and verification for all company verticals.
- Maintains and updates changes in Global Eagle’s Satellite Capacity database systems.
- Keep accurate, detailed and timely network documentation as well as standard operational procedures.
- Understand and help design mobility networks for maritime, land and aviation services.
- Interface with Satellite Capacity vendors for new services, problem resolution and escalations.
- Provide solutions considering appropriate redundancy, availability scalability, security, and manageability requirements needed for the continuing success of Global Eagle’s satellite network.
- Lead projects assigned by management by planning actions, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Be a liaison between Vendors and several Operation’s teams ensuring timely delivery of information for all satellite services.
- Develop projects and analyze opportunities for optimize satellite capacity (land base, maritime and aero).
- Participate in the networks and capacity planning efforts.
- Provide engineering support to fill out license applications with Regulatory Entities foreign and domestic.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or similar technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years work experience in satellite communications.
- Analytical & task oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multitasking environment
- Problem solving & strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Satellite link budget analysis is a must.
- Strong knowledge of VSAT, modems, antennas and general RF theory required.
- Knowledge of Satellite Terminals (HPA, BUC, LNB/LNA) concepts.
- Knowledge of satellite systems and ground architecture.
- Relevant knowledge of MS Office (Excel, World and PowerPoint)
- iDirect technology knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work well with other departments.
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Leadership and communication skills
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted