Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The Director, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) will serve as a key member of the corporate financial leadership team and will be the primary liaison between Business Finance, the Executive Leadership Team (ELT), and other stakeholders throughout the organization. This position reports directly to the VP, FP&A and Business Finance to ensure alignment of corporate goals and financial plans.
The Director FP&A will be responsible for delivering value-added business analyses and defining and reporting insightful financial and operational metrics that lead to sound business decision-making. The Director FP&A will be responsible for overseeing a financial planning organization that has a comprehensive understanding of all key business drivers and sophisticated financial models that enable the team to deliver meaningful analyses across the company, including consolidated and regional views. He/she will understand each client and business unit’s income statement drivers and provide commercial insight to improve margins and operational efficiency.
What You Will Be Doing
- Supervise and manage a team
- Oversee the financial planning and analysis organization and partner with the management team, both divisional and corporate, to provide value-added insight into the business
- Prepare a monthly reporting package that includes full financial statements, comprehensive Key Performance Indicator (KPI) reporting, operational Dashboard reporting, analysis of key business trends, actual versus budget variances and comprehensive executive level explanations of differences
- Drive an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analyses that links to the company’s strategic objectives
- Develop and monitor the company’s annual budget and monthly forecasts, including building budget tools, setting timelines and acting as project manager, ensuring all budgets are accurate, comprehensive and completed on time
- Prepare and monitor the company’s long range strategic planning models
- Support quarterly external reporting, including earnings releases and earnings call support information
- Prepare analysis, commentary and presentation material for the monthly and quarterly financial review meetings, including board of director financial updates
- Provide financial modeling, financial analysis and valuation support for acquisitions, new product development, long-term contracts and other ad-hoc financial projects
- Actively own key finance and business process, implementing and modifying as required. Provide a high level of thought leadership to drive improvement and lead projects to enhance the reporting and analytical infrastructure
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified and to assist with various ad hoc projects as needed
- Maintain relationships with Business Finance teams to ensure quality deliverables and proper information flow
- Work closely with accounting group to ensure appropriate reporting on US GAAP basis
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the finance function
- Interview, hire and train new employees; Coach and develop existing employees
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required; MBA is preferred
- 7-10 years of finance experience
- Proven track record of delivering on commitments, developing great teams, and working closely and effectively with peers outside of the Finance group
- Exceptional analytical skills coupled with a solid understanding of business dynamics
- Demonstrated experience successfully implementing and enhancing financial planning processes in a growing organization
- Solid understanding and demonstrated experience managing strategic and operational planning activities
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with and influence others at all organizational levels
- High level of professionalism, executive presence, and poise
- Ability to develop and articulate general strategies and detailed operational plans
- Experience managing cross-functional projects and ability to plan and facilitate effective meetings; demonstrated leadership skills in team and/or group settings
- Ability to create highly professional and effective presentations for senior leadership and demonstrated experience presenting information at all levels
- Strong communications skills and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and with Senior Management
- Full understanding of accounting principles along with the understanding of the business drivers and how they drive behavior and profitability
- FP&A experience at a public company preferred
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Critical thinking abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial concepts to others with impact
- Must be a self-starter who understands both the details and larger context of various business issues and processes
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.