Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
Manage a team of personnel responsible for RF network health, capacity usage and planning, and bandwidth change implementation, with 24/7 staffing. The manager is expected to determine and maintain appropriate team KPIs and report on regular intervals to the VP of Service Assurance.
- Review reports daily to find issues and document incidents proactively throughout the RF and IP network
- Planning and accurate execution of bandwidth upgrades, downgrades, activations, and deactivations
- Plans and executes satellite cutovers with customers and maintain updated incidents
- Provide Level 1 & 2 support/troubleshooting to all Global Eagle products/systems
- Works closely with the Service Assurance, Service Delivery, Space Capacity, MIS, Sales, Service Management, and Field Engineers as needed
- Interact with satellite providers as needed to resolve anomalies reported by spacecraft operators
- Maintains documentation of bandwidth upgrades and notifies all necessary parties of any changes made
- Monitor and control all satellite networks
- Maintain all ticketing systems up to date
- Responsible for overall RF network health and capacity usage levels
- Maintain a proactive approach to load balancing and provide support to other departments
- Other related duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for all approved BW upgrades/downgrades
- Insure all Network Management Processes and Procedures are followed by all L1
- Possible On-Call duties
- BA or BS in a technical field or equivalent experience required
- Working knowledge of networking in Cisco environment; CCNA is a plus
- iDirect IOM, iDirect Adv. IOM and iDirect QoS helpful, but not required
- Minimum of 7 years in satellite telecommunications and VSAT technology
- Knowledge of iDirect remotes and earth station systems desired
- Strategic Planning and Support
- Advanced knowledge of VSAT and general RF theory required
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP and general network theory desired
- Cisco, Linux, Satellite Routers (iDirect, NewTech, Comtech, etc)
- Ability to work well with other departments
- Excellent written and verbal skills with the ability to explain complex subject matter in simple but accurate terms
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.