*This position is remote, but we are looking for individuals either US or UK based.
Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The VP, Media and Content Technology will lead a global portfolio of applications and technology services across the Media & Entertainment (M&E) business unit. This includes a technology and product management team who architect, integrate, operate, manage, enhance and maintain Open™ and the creation of future vision for the Open platform for use in Global Eagle’s core markets today and future markets that can be served by Open technologies.
Open™ is a common platform of cloud solutions integrated together to provide Global Eagle and airline customers with a platform that powers the digital content supply chain and the next-generation of passenger and airline media and entertainment experiences.
What You Will Be Doing
The expectations will be that the VP is engaged “hands on” with the tasks and duties described.
- Own the full technology life-cycle for the global portfolio of applications and technology services across the Media & Entertainment (M&E) business unit including Open™
- Responsible for the M&E technology budget and supplier engagement
- Responsible for the overall solutions architecture and integration of Open™
- Responsible for leading and supporting the Technology & Platform Teams and developing their technical capabilities as we transition into a modern M&E technology company
- Introduce modern software engineering practises that needs to be effective with multiple SaaS partners in one common platform
- Represent Global Eagle with M&E technology and Open™ at events and write articles and whitepapers
- Work with Global Infrastructure Services Team to define and support the provision networks and IaaS and integration with corporate IT systems
- Work with innovation leaders and the CTO to provide technology advice from ideation through to beta testing of new products, platforms, features or experiences
Education & Experience
- Proven 5 years of experience designing, developing and delivering content supply chain solutions, including VOD and OTT solutions
- Substantial experience of 5 years working with key technologies such as workflow systems, rights management systems, metadata management systems and integration platforms
- Proven at least 5 years of experience in business to business operations, including marketplace creation, SaaS business operations and/or personalization of customer experiences
- Demonstrated at least 5 years designing and delivering reporting and analytics solutions, ideally encompassing “big data” type environments, and covering both consumer-facing and process efficiency needs
- Previous experience leading technology workstreams for transformation programmes within M&E
- Able to demonstrate evidence of strong communication and influencing skills at all levels, covering both technical and business areas
- Experience of 5 years running a software systems integration practise or department with DevOps function
- Experience building teams and growing individuals both through direct management and mentoring
- Experience transforming software organisations to introduce agile working practices and modern delivery approaches
- 5 years of experience building relationships with and managing technology partners at senior level
- Regularly attended and presented at M&E panels or events, and have written whitepapers or articles on M&E technology
- Demonstrated experience of 2 years architecting and integrating cloud solutions and services
- Proven experience of 2 years with AWS implementations, managing AWS partners, and to be demonstrate strong relationships with AWS at a technical and business level
- Ideally have some experience of AI technologies and implementing AI solutions
- Content/M&E Solutions Architecture
- Software Engineering including DevOps
- AI use in Content Supply Chains
- Pragmatic problem solving
- Delivering under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills at all grades within the company, including explaining technical details in clear and plain language to executives
- Working as an effective member of a team, ideally in a transformation team
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.