Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,500 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com .
The Operations IP Engineer will be responsible for issues, projects and tasks related, but not limited to, shipside, shoreside network, Firewall, security, voice infrastructure, iDirect product and satellite bandwidth balancing. Operations IP Engineer may be deployed to resolve issues, upgrade and install network/satellite systems onboard various vessels ranging from commercial, yacht, Cruise ships, oil rigs and other locations all over the world .
- Configures, troubleshoots and supports complex virtualized networks and firewall appliances.
- Configures, troubleshoots and supports complex voice and data networks based on Cisco and iDirect technologies.
- Configures and supports devices not limited to satellite modems, routers, switches, firewalls, computer and servers with various operating systems (Windows, Linux, etc…)
- Creates diagrams, whitepapers, and training materials to document networks and products.
- Provides pre-installation coordination between internal departments, the customer, their equipment vendor and their local terrestrial vendor. Responsible for technical accuracy of orders, problems and project documentation, problem resolution, customer communications and notifications of task or problem resolution.
- Serves as back up “subject matter expert” (SME) on all data product offerings. Provides product and technical training to the field technicians and customer representatives needing hands-on training.
- Performs field installations of data and voice equipment including routers, iDirect modems, switches, computers or any other telecommunication/company related equipment.
- Provides technical support during standard and non-standard workdays or hours to support 24/7-365 coverage.
- May be required to cover shifts in the early morning and late night.
- May be required to be available to travel at a moments notice and could be on the road an average of 25% of the month.
- Other responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field or equivalent experience required.
- 5 years experience with Cisco and TCP/IP required
- Knowledge of Virtualized environments (VM Ware)
- Knowledge of Firewall administration, configurations and troubleshoot methodologies
- Knowledge of VoIP, WAN and Satellite terminology preferred
- Extensive knowledge of subnetting.
- Security and Firewall experience, CCNA, CCNP certifications and MPLS knowledge a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills desired
Nature of Work Contacts:
This position reports Manager of Operations Engineering IP. Interacts with: Internal - Engineers, Senior Technicians, sales account manager/directors/vice presidents, planning, operations, and customer service. External – customer (technical data contacts), equipment vendors.
Physical/Sensory Demands: Must be able to use a standard keyboard and read small LCD.
Heavy email, chat and telephone usage. International and/or domestic travel required.
- Creative Problem Solver
- Analytical Thinker
- Skilled in Prioritization
- Electronics and/or Computers
- Effective Communicator
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Attendance and Dependability: The employee can be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Employee can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
Communication and Contact: The employee communicates effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company.
Relationships with Others: The employee works effectively and relates well with others Including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Company. The employee exhibits a professional manner in dealing with others and works, to maintain constructive working relationships.
Please note : Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.