Global Eagle is a leading provider of satellite-based broadband connectivity, television and entertainment services, content and data analytics to aviation, maritime, enterprise and government markets. Global Eagle offers a fully integrated portfolio of rich media content and high-speed connectivity solutions for airlines, private jets, cruise lines, commercial ships, super-yachts, ferries, enterprise, government and military installations worldwide with proprietary performance-enhancing technologies and exclusive access to premium media. With 1,300 employees on six continents and leading global satellite and ground networks, the company delivers exceptional service and concierge support to its customers.
Find out more at www.globaleagle.com.
The Satellite Capacity Engineer is responsible for managing Satellite Capacity achieving highest efficiency and optimization of Global Eagle’s global network for aero, land and maritime services. Failures in these activities will impact directly customer services, revenues and utilization of satellite capacity resources. Additionally, the engineer will participate in the process to obtain frequency licenses from domestic and foreign regulatory entities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide RF transmission plans and satellite analysis to determine the capacity needed for setting up services
- Define technical and operational characteristics of the carriers and ensure that they are compatible in terms of technology, interference and hardware to draw up the transmission plans.
- Link budget calculations and verification for all company verticals.
- Maintains and updates changes in Global Eagle’s Satellite Capacity database systems.
- Keep accurate, detailed and timely network documentation as well as standard operational procedures.
- Understand and help design mobility networks for maritime, land and aviation services.
- Interface with Satellite Capacity vendors for new services, problem resolution and escalations.
- Provide solutions considering appropriate redundancy, availability scalability, security, and manageability requirements needed for the continuing success of Global Eagle’s satellite network.
- Lead projects assigned by management by planning actions, resource allocation and monitoring progress.
- Be a liaison between Vendors and several Operation’s teams ensuring timely delivery of information for all satellite services.
- Develop projects and analyze opportunities for optimize satellite capacity (land base, maritime and aero).
- Lead the interface with Regulatory Entities foreign and domestic to secure Licenses (request information, fill out forms, apply for License).
- Solely responsible for researching, understanding and compiling specific country requirements for each type of license.
- Manage Frequency License information updated (records, forms, expiration dates, cost and contacts) using current files and or new database that may be created.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Statistics or similar technical degree or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years work experience in satellite communications.
- Analytical & task oriented
- Proven ability to work under pressure and multitasking environment
- Problem solving & strategic thinking
- Knowledge of Satellite link budget analysis is a must.
- Strong knowledge of VSAT, modems, antennas and general RF theory required.
- Knowledge of Satellite Terminals (HPA, BUC, LNB/LNA) concepts.
- Knowledge of satellite systems and ground architecture.
- Relevant knowledge of MS Office (Excel, World and PowerPoint)
- iDirect technology knowledge is a plus.
- Ability to work well with other departments.
- Ability to work independently under general guidance and deliver results.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Leadership and communication skills
Our Core Values
- Communicate and Connect
- Deliver Excellence and Own it
- Be Honorable
- Operate as ONE
- Learn and Embrace Change
Why You Should Work Here
A career with Global Eagle is a unique opportunity to grow your knowledge and skills within a culture that thrives on collaboration and innovation. In addition to being a part of an amazing group, we also have competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k, disability and life insurance, flexible scheduling, pet insurance, and discounts on gym membership, concerts, amusement parks, hotels, and more!
Global Eagle is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Due to COVID, our interviews are now done in a safe environment using online platforms like Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.