At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Full Time
Position: Clinical MA/EMT/CNA
- Completion of and certification from an accredited Medical Assistant Program or current certification as an Advanced EMT or Paramedic in the State of Utah or a completion of a Certified Nurse Assistant certificate.
- EKG experience a plus
- CPR/BLS certification (or completed within 4 months of hiring).
- Must be able to travel between various locations in Utah County and to the rural areas of Central Utah.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology
- Ability to bend, reach, lift, pull, push and/or carry up to 10 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally is required. Ability to stand and sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Demonstrate excellent computer, telephone and communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service, organization and attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter, a team player, dependable, friendly and professional and be able to multi-task and work efficiently while remaining calm and productive.
- Must be available to work FT between the designated Work Hours
- Previous medical experience a plus
Description: As a growing Cardiology Department with its respective Providers within Utah Valley and surrounding areas, we are seeking to hire a Full Time Medical Assistant to help us keep growing. If you're dedicated, energetic and ambitious, Revere Health Cardiology will be great place for you to make a difference in the lives of others. This position performs a wide variety of duties and responsibility in a manner that places emphasis on quality of patient care and customer service. One must work collaboratively with all Clinical service staff in support of direct patient services, exhibiting flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Patient services are the key priority in this position requiring the MA to serve as a point of contact with the goal of fostering an environment which promotes patient comfort and trust. This opportunity will give you the experience and growth in your medical career by providing support and excellent patient care with both administrative and clinical skills. If you’re ready to make a difference in the lives of other and expanding your medical experience, we welcome you to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares for patient appointments by reviewing and updating patient records prior to appointment. This will include checking for updates of recent test results, lab results, and correspondence.
- Review patient records to determine needed services and whether referrals are in process or have been completed since last visit.
- Maintains exam rooms according to protocols: Clean rooms between patient visits to ensure comfort and compliance with infection control standards.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by establishing and following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Appropriately prepares patient for visit and alerts Physician when patient is ready to be seen.
- When Physician is unavailable, the MA keeps the patient updated on the status of their appointment and when necessary assist the patient in re-scheduling or scheduling follow-ups.
- Greets patient and directs to appropriate exam room. Takes weight, height, temp, blood pressure and basic medical history and accurately document in medical chart according to general accepted medical standards.
- Reviews messages with physicians and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Performs general clerical duties in support of patient services according to the needs of the clinic and Supervisor. These include but are not limited to answering phones, photocopy, faxing, typing, completing forms, etc.
- Works with patient scheduling system to assist Patient Registration staff with the orderly and efficient patient flow.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Notes: (Must be available to work Full Time between the Work Hours presented.)