At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Full Time
Position: Accounts Receivable Specialist
Department: Business Office
We have an exciting position available on our Revenue Cycle Team for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. As a member of this team you will:
- Work in CB (patient management and billing) system daily as a means to decreasing A/R days, resolving denied insurance claims, and following through on outstanding claims until payment in full is received from the insurance
- Request, prepare, and send claims to insurance companies
- Adjust account charges due to insurance contract requirements, payment reversals/transfers, misapplied charges or insurance refunds
- Document all activity accurately and immediately in the computer
- Identify trends and the root causes for issues and present ideas for process improvement
- Ability to use clinic software proficiently
- Work independently as well as on a team.
- Contribute actively to the setting and achievement of personal, team and department goals and benchmarks
- Attend meetings; department staff meetings, insurance company provider relations meetings, team meetings, and any other meetings as assigned
- Abide strictly by HIPAA law by maintaining confidentiality and only accessing information as needed for job functions
- Assist in the orientation and training of new employees
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or business office management team
- High School Diploma/GED
- Critical thinking skills, problem-solving skills, and follow-through skills
- Team player; ability to communicate excellent with others in written and verbal communications
- Understanding of accounts receivable process
- Basic understanding of medical services and insurance companies I
- Intermediate level experience using MS Office: Excel, Word and Outlook
- Keyboarding skills
- Previous accounts receivable experience in medical billing and insurance claims processing preferred, but not required
- Monday - Friday, 8 hour shift between 5:30 AM - 7:00 PM.
- Work From Home (WFH) option available after completing 90 days of employment and meeting department WFH requirements