At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status: Full Time
Position: Patient Care Assistant/Medical Assistant
Department: Coral Desert Orthopaedics
Location: St George
- Must be computer literate and be able to learn new computer programs quickly.
- Must have good customer service and communication skills.
- Must be a team player and be proactive.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- CPR certification required.
- Medical Assistant certification preferred.
- Exhibits compassion and courtesy towards patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Listens and provides information in a concise, accurate and courteous manner.
- Responds promptly and professionally to patient’s needs.
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies, HIPAA and OSHA regulations.
- Protects each patient’s privacy by keeping information confidential.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, assists in obtaining patient histories, measures vital signs, records information in patient record.
- Ensures all pertinent information is available to physician (i.e.: list of medications, lab results, medication allergies, etc).
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms.
- Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment.
- Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Triages phone messages from patients.
- Reviews information with physician and responds as directed in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Schedules tests and procedures.
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies when needed.
- Calls test results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Behaves in a manner consistent with all clinic policies and procedures.
- Other duties and assignments as needed.
Hours: M-TH 8am-6pm, Fri 8am-2pm (hours may vary)