At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Full Time
Department: Mt. Pleasant Family Medicine
Location: Mt. Pleasant
- Facilitates good patient care under the supervision of physician.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Maintains patient records and other information.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits compassion and courtesy towards patients, visitors and co-workers.
- Responds promptly and professionally to patient’s needs.
- Provides efficient effective patient care in compliance with clinic policies and procedures.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, assists in obtaining patient histories, measures vital signs, records information in patient record. Ensures all pertinent information is available to physician (i.e.: list of meds, lab results, medication allergies, etc).
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms. Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Schedules tests and procedures. Obtains pre-authorization from insurance companies when needed.
- Obtains lab and test results for physician to review. Calls results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Maintains CPR certification.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties and assignments as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Successful completion of and certification from a Medical Assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain certification within 4 months of hire.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Clinic is open Monday-Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm