At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Part Time
Position: Cardiovascular Sonographer/Technologist
Department: Heart of Dixie Cardiology /Vein & Vascular
Description: Responsibilities include:
- Be able to properly enter and confirm patient information.
- Bringing patients to exam room and assisting with dressing when needed.
- Perform Ultrasonic diagnostic procedures of the upper and lower extremity arteries, upper and lower extremity veins, and carotid arteries in accordance with accepted protocols as directed by physicians.
- Know how to upload studies to reading station as well as assisting physicians in reading and accessing these studies.
- Perform patient evaluation and assessment prior to ultrasound examination.
- Assist the Physician in explaining the treatment plan to the patient and how that treatment plan addresses the patient’s specific needs.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality in accordance with privacy laws (e.g. HIPAA)
- Assuring supplies are ordered/stocked
Duties may also include, when needed:
- Assisting in preparation for venous procedures
- Assisting the physician in performing multiple types venous procedures with ultrasound imaging
- Assisting a certified wound care nurse in dressing and undressing open wounds, and assisting patients in applying medical grade compression socks.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP/DMS accredited diagnostic medical sonography program.
- Must be ARDMS or CCI registered/registry eligible for RDCS/RCS and RVT/RVS.
- Experience performing echocardiogram, stress echocardiogram, carotid ultrasound
- Experience in lower extremity Vascular studies and venous ablation procedure experience preferred.
- Current Basic life support certification
- Ability to operate and maintain Ultrasound equipment.
- Must be able to work in an electronic medical record.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and effectively.
- Strong organizational and intrapersonal/telephone communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in the English in person, by phone, and in writing.
- Requires frequent bending, reaching, repetitive hand movements, standing, walking, squatting and sitting, with some heavy lifting.
- Requires manual and finger dexterity and hand-eye coordination for operation or all department equipment.
- Requires adherence to all policies and procedures, including standards for safety, attendance, punctuality, and personal appearance.
- This position may become full time.
- This will be determined by demand. M-F 8:-4