At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Full Time
Position: Pharmacy Technician
- The certified Pharmacy Technician will demonstrate consistent application of knowledge and skills in assisting the pharmacist in the execution of appropriate safe, efficient, effective and cost-effective pharmaceutical care in the scope of their assignment.
- This position will perform the different aspects of their position under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist, as well as being an integral part of the pharmacy team.
- Current technician license to practice as a pharmacy technician
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agent.
- Prior experience in a healthcare or high volume customer service position
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills (retail customer service preferred)
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the pharmacist.
- Assists in pharmacy inventory management by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians' orders and prescriptions.
- Generates revenues by calculating, recording, and issuing charges.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Immunization administration for patients *not a requirement in all cases
- Hours open Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:30 pm and Saturday 9 am - 1 pm
- Full time hours (36-40/week)