At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: let’s live better.
Status : Full Time
Position: Manager HIM Department
Department : HIM (Medical Records)
Location : Provo
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Five years of HIM experience.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical considerations related to patient information.
- RHIA or RHIT credential preferred.
Description : The HIM Manager is responsible for leading and managing health information management services across the organization; striving for compliance and promoting best practices and education in all areas.
- Works under the direction of the CIO.
- Manages the work assignments of supervisor and staff. Monitors daily operation activity in order to effectively plan use of department resources to ensure high level of productivity.
- Assess and plans for future needs of department.
- Handles all hiring decision, discipline and termination decisions for the department.
- Manages the department orientation and training process of new hires to ensure employees are adequately trained and capable of fulfilling job requirements and expectations.
- Has thorough knowledge and understanding of HIPAA. Ensures that department staff is educated, trained and adheres to all clinic policies and procedures as they relate to HIPAA.
- Updates HIM policies and procedures as needed.
- Monitors staff adherence to department policies and procedures regarding maintenance of patient medical records.
- Audits work product of staff to ensure that documents are scanned into the correct chart, correct location within the chart, with correct time and date, all in a timely manner.
- Works with outside legal firms and processing subpoenas.
- Responsible for overseeing processes to ensure paperwork is assessable for on-site chart audits.
- Resolves employee conflicts in a timely manner in order to promote a professional work environment.
- Councils with employees and administers oral and written reprimands as necessary. Maintains written documentation of all incidents.
- Administers clinic policies and procedures in a consistent and timely manner.
- Sets an example for subordinate staff by knowing and abiding by clinic policies.
- Monitors attendance, timeliness, dress code, etc.
- Meets with CIO to provide feedback on employee performance. Provides suggestions for employee improvement, goal setting, disciplinary actions, and recognition. Provides solutions to problems.
- Maintains a good working relationship with medical staff and other clinic departments to achieve optimal service delivery.
- Utilizes the electronic medical record, HIM systems, and other applications to achieve optimum efficiency.
- Serves as an internal consultant on health information management issues including release of information, confidentiality, information security, information storage and retrieval, and record retention.
- Cooperates with payers and regulatory agencies as needed.
- Manages $2 million+ department budget.
- Takes steps to actively move the organization forward away from paper-based records to a fully integrated, paperless environment.
- Manages the mail room staff and processes.
- Assists with data integrity in resolving patient duplicate accounts.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.