At Revere Health, we value the health of our patients above all else. As the largest independent multi-specialty physician group in Utah, our healthcare system gives patients the best in communication, quality, coordination and innovation. Founded in 1969 in Provo, Utah, Revere Health has grown to include 30 medical specialties in over 100 locations throughout Utah, Arizona and Nevada.
As the first Accountable Care Organization (ACO) accredited by Medicare in Utah, and the only Next Generation ACO in the state, Revere Health offers a unique, patient-oriented approach to healthcare. We strive to keep medical costs at a minimum while providing the utmost in quality healthcare.
Revere Health: Your Health Above All Else.
Status: Part Time
Position: Medical Assistant
Department: Orem Internal Medicine
Qualifications: PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Team player attitude.
- Problem-solver. Ability to resolve issues effectively and appropriately.
- Self-starter. Shows strong initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent computer, telephone and communication skills.
- Ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Ability to respond to emergent situations calmly and efficiently.
- Exhibits respect, compassion, and courtesy toward patients, visitors, and team.
- Responds promptly and professionally to patients, visitors, and team.
- Outstanding customer service, organization, and attention to detail.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of and certification from a Medical Assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Current CPR certification or must obtain certification within 4 months of hire and must maintain CPR certification throughout employment.
- Working knowledge of Medical terminology.
Description : RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates excellent patient care under the supervision of the provider.
- Adequately prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Assists with the scheduling of tests and treatments.
- Maintains patient records and other information.
- Administers medications as ordered.
- Provides courteous and friendly service to all patients and contributes to a positive work environment.
- Assists with patient care examination, procedures and related tasks; escorts patients to examination rooms, assists in obtaining patient histories, measures vital signs, records information in patient record. Ensures all pertinent information is available to physician (i.e.: list of meds, lab results, medication allergies, etc.).
- Maintains clean and orderly exam rooms. Ensures exam rooms are properly stocked with needed supplies and equipment. Cleans and sterilizes instruments following clinic policy and procedures.
- Obtains lab and test results for physician to review. Calls results to patients as indicated by physician in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Calls/faxes prescriptions to pharmacies.
- Attends meetings as required.
- Other duties and assignments as assigned.
Hours: SCHEDULE EXPECTATIONS:
- Works all shifts as scheduled and assigned.
- This is a part-time position of approximately 28 hrs scheduled weekly.
- Monday through Thursday: 11 am - 5 pm
- Friday: 9 am - 1 pm
- No weekends
- Must attend monthly staff meetings