Investigate & Explore: The CSI Experience Group Leader
What to Expect…
- Interact with a diverse population of high-achieving scholars and fellow staff from around the US and abroad
- Travel by air or motor coach to program sites across the Washington, D.C. area
- As residential positions, housing and most meals are provided in dorms or conference centers
- Anticipate being “on call”/available 24/7, though working hours will typically be from approximately 7am-11pm
Envision Program Extensions are “add-on” experiences for scholars of select Envision Programs. In addition to a variety of cultural outings, the extension programs include valuable workshops to help prepare students for the university experience. Group leaders engage scholars throughout their experience – guiding them and sharing cultural exposure through fun and informative excursions. Skillsets needed: academic curiosity, nimble logistical dexterity, outstanding customer service, and an unparalleled commitment to empowering high school students. Group Leaders will be stationed in Washington, DC. City locals are preferred as the familiarity and knowledge of the city will be a great advantage both to you and the scholars.
Group Leader Position Duties
- Maintain student accountability
- Bring energy and excitement to the daily activities
- Guide students to and from program events
- Provide students with accurate instructions about the day’s events (e.g. meeting times, locations, safety guidelines)
- Share your experience and knowledge with the local sites and locations
- Coordinate with the Program Lead and venue staff on logistics of student movement
- Work with the Program Lead to resolve any students’ emotional, behavioral, and other personal concerns
Health & Safety Job Responsibilities
- Clean and sanitize equipment and spaces
- Perform temperature checks
- Be around large groups
- Wear a face mask and any other PPE as required while performing all duties throughout your assigned workday
- Model best practices for staying healthy throughout the program
- Enforce health and safety guidelines among scholars and staff
- Responsibilities and Requirements for this role may adapt and adjust with any new Local/State/Federal/Venue guidelines as well as recommendations and requirements from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for General Health & Safety. If there are any changes to the responsibilities or requirements of this position, you will be informed prior to your start date.
- Passionate Local City Expert – Possesses (or is actively pursuing) a degree in Tourism, History, Business, or Education. Learns quickly and adds personal wisdom and experience to arrive at the best solution for successful customer experiences. Proven knowledge of cultural and historical sites, and comfortable playing the role of cultural ambassador, allowing students to fully experience social, cultural, and historical sites.
- Action Oriented - Enjoys working hard and is full of energy. Can be relied upon to exceed goals and is consistently a top performer. Encourages students to get the most out of the program. Independent and confident in decision making.
- Customer Experience - Effectively interacts with students to consistently engage their interest and share cultural knowledge through exciting excursions. Provide the best customer experience to all the participants. Goes above and beyond to individualize the experience for the students.
- Learning Agility - Learns quickly when facing new problems. Learns both through success and failure. Enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks and can quickly adapt to new environments and sudden schedule changes.
- Leadership - Possesses critical thinking skills to determine the necessary approaches to problem solve difficult or unexpected challenges. Offers sound judgment, creative ideas, and innovative solutions to emerging issues.
- Mentor – Serves as a guide and leader for students. Exhibits maturity in all interactions and is consistently reliable.
- Operationally-Strong – Anticipates and supports operational needs; provides an all-in attitude; knows safety is paramount but does not need to be sacrificed to have fun.
Preferences for the Group Leaders
- Local candidates or candidates who possess knowledge of local culture and history
- Excellent logistical skills
- Have worked with high school students
- Experience with summer camps