Program Associate, PHC (Asia)
Vital Strategies is an international public health organization. Our programs strengthen public health systems and address the world’s leading causes of illness, injury and death. We currently work in 73 countries, supporting data-driven decision making in government, advancing evidence-based public health policies and mounting strategic communication campaigns. Vital Strategies’ priorities are driven by the greatest potential to improve and save lives. They include non-communicable disease prevention, cardiovascular health promotion, tobacco control, road safety, obesity prevention, epidemic prevention, overdose prevention, environmental health, vital statistics systems building and multidrug-resistant tuberculosis treatment research. Our programs are primarily concentrated in low- and middle-income countries in Africa, Latin America, Asia and the Pacific; the Overdose Prevention Program is our first initiative in the U.S. Please visit our website at www.vitalstrategies.org to find out more about our work.
About the Role:
Vital Strategies is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Program Associate - Partnership for Healthy Cities. The Program Associate – Partnership for Healthy Cities will be part of an initiative that is aimed at empowering city governments around the world to improve noncommunicable disease (NCD) and injury prevention through high-impact policy interventions. The Program Associate will be responsible for supporting the Senior Manager, Asia region, in project managing select cities around the world, including managing key stakeholder relationships, facilitating and coordinating technical assistance, providing project management support, maintaining regular communications, monitoring, and reporting on progress.
The Singapore based Asia Regional Office (ARO) of Vital Strategies drives regional business development and partnerships and serves as a regional management hub with functions such as administration, finance, and grants. The office also provides oversight support, engaging technical experts, while managing a diverse workforce spread throughout the region with the exception of China and India. The ARO helps ensure that programs and projects are coordinated, providing a shared knowledge base, and ensuring that best practices and lessons learned are disseminated between projects across the region.
The salary for this position is SGD 58,000 – SGD 61,500. To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, and Paid Leaves so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Programmatic Support -
· Provide administrative support for the Asia region, working closely with the Singapore-based Senior Manager, including maintaining calendars, taking and distributing meeting notes, contract and invoice processing and administration, and other tasks as needed;
· Develop and maintain organizational systems for the programs, including accurate filing systems;
· Create and personalize templates for documents used internally and externally by team;
· Perform data entry using Microsoft Word processing and Excel, and format material as required;
· Coordinate logistics for workshops, webinars, team meetings, etc., and develop standard organizational procedures/checklists to systematize event production;
· Organize agenda for weekly, monthly and city team meetings as required;
· Liaise between the diverse teams that support PHC and provide general operational support accordingly;
· Prepare presentations and assist with creating and distributing program materials:
· Draft letters, tables, charts, graphs, maps, data tables, presentations, and other visual aids as necessary;
· Correspond with external stakeholders and manage and fulfil their requests for information;
· Conduct background research and prepare materials as needed;
· Work closely with other Program Associates and Program Assistants in other program divisions PHC, PHP and EH and other administrative/operations colleagues across the organization;
· Assist with travel arrangements for team site and city visits;
· Assist with tracking and compiling information (i.e. partners, city contacts, embedded staff rosters);
· Assist as needed with procurement and HR contracts.
Program Coordination -
· Track government programmatic and spending reports; Ensure that transactions, expenditures to and by cities, and deliverables are tracked until they are completed.
· Provides assistance with review of city workplans and activities, and provide preliminary comments;
· Identify, coordinate and processes information for Human Subjects Research forms and requirements;
· Monitors and co-evaluates government milestones, achievements and deliverables;
· Lead and facilitate city and partner meetings and set an agenda;
· Facilitate management of government relationships and correspond directly with governments about their requests about administrative and content-related aspects of their project;
· Correspond with other team members to coordinate a reviews of government work.
· Review reports and submit inquiries to refine and improve reporting;
· Synthesize data for weekly donor reports;
· Assist with programmatic reporting as requested by supervisors.
· Assist with other Vital Strategies duties as specified by the supervisor(s)
· Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
Education and Degree -
Bachelor’s degree in administration studies, . management, public health, public policy or any field,
Skills and Abilities -
· Excellent interpersonal, leadership and team building skills
· Ability to work with cross-cultural and cross-functional teams
· Strong written communication skills able to write concisely in professional business English
· Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
· Analytical mindset with strong attention to detail
· Ability to set priorities and problem-solve
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Vital Strategies
· Collaborative, dedicated team player
· Minimum of 3 years’ experience preferred and at least 1 year experience working with governments
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
· Willingness and ability to work across different time zones