Program Associate - Road Safety (Asia)
The Program Associate– Road Safety is a full-time position based in Singapore that will report to the Regional Deputy Director – Asia (Road Safety). This Singapore-based role will support the management of 40+ staff in the region, the coordination of over 200 million USD of public health programs related to injury prevention and serve as a key part of a dynamic fast-paced team working to save lives throughout Asia.
The Program Associate will be responsible for providing support to the Regional Deputy Director , on all functions related to Vital Strategies Road Safety efforts in Asia. S/he fosters a culture of accountability and customer service. S/he must be courteous, have a professional approach towards staff and be able to operate with a high degree of confidentiality.
The salary for this position is SGD 58,000 – SGD 61,500. To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare, and Paid Leaves so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Duties and Responsibilities:
General Programmatic Support -
· Support the Regional Deputy Director with administrative tasks, including maintaining calendars, taking and distributing meeting notes, and other tasks as needed;
· In coordination with program support teams in other global offices, prepare paperwork related to countries and cities and serve as core member of program teams;
· Develop and maintain organizational systems for the programs, including accurate filing systems;
· Create and personalize templates for documents used internally and externally by team;
· Perform data entry using Microsoft Word processing, Excel spreadsheet or database commands and formats material as required.
· Coordinate logistics for workshops, webinars, team meetings, etc., and develop standard organizational procedures/checklists to systematize event production;
· Organize agenda for weekly, monthly and team meetings as required;
· Liaise between the diverse teams that support Road Safety and provide general operational support accordingly.
· Track government programmatic and spending reports;
· Prepare presentations and assist with creating and distributing program materials:
o Draft letters, tables, charts, graphs, maps, data tables, presentations, and other visual aids as necessary;
· Correspond with external stakeholders and manage and fulfill their requests for information;
· Conduct background research and prepare materials as needed;
· Work closely with other Program Associates and Program Assistants throughout Road Safety Initiative and other administrative/operations colleagues across the organization.
· Assist with travel arrangements for team site and city visits.
Asia Specific -
· Provide administrative support for the Asia region, reporting to Singapore-based leads for Road Safety initiative
· Develop contracts and agreement documents;
· Ensure that transactions, expenditures to and by cities, and deliverables are tracked until they are completed;
· Provides assistance with review of city workplans and activities, and provide preliminary comments;
· Identify, coordinate and processes information for Human Subjects Research forms and requirements;
· Monitors and co-evaluates government milestones, achievements, and deliverables;
· Lead and facilitate city and partner meetings and set an agenda;
· Facilitate management of government relationships and correspond directly with governments about their requests about administrative and content-related aspects of their project;
· Correspond with other team members to coordinate a reviews of government work;
· Review reports and submit inquiries to refine and improve reporting;
· Synthesize data for weekly donor reports;
· Assist with programmatic reporting as requested by supervisor.
- Assist with other Vital Strategies duties as specified by the Regional Director
- Support efforts for coordination and collaboration among Vital programs across public health in the APAC region as assigned.
*Ability to travel locally and internationally as needed
*Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Degree -
Skills and Abilities -
*Note: No previous road safety or injury prevention experience is needed, although it would be a plus. Similarly, public health experience is not needed, but would be a plus.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements: